Chapter 528 - Hyperlink Ring

Nie Yan checked his personal storage for gems and crystals.

20 Magic Crystals, 30 Radiant Crystals, 2 Life Crystals, and 1 Power Crystal were required to hatch the Darkwing Dragon Egg. Nie Yan had previously put up a request for these items on the mission boards of the Union of Assassins. He had also mobilized the players in Asskickers United to help him search for Radiant Crystals. At present, he had gathered all but one Life Crystal. But without it, he couldn't hatch the Darkwing Dragon. It was truly vexing.

Items like Life Crystals had pitifully low drop rates. Finding one was simply a matter of luck.

If Nie Yan could hatch the Darkwing Dragon before entering the Realm of Death, Asskickers United's victory would be even more certain.

Nie Yan pondered for a moment. He had the players below him post an anonymous request in the Mercenary Association, offering 100,000 gold for a Life Crystal. This kind of reward was enough to create a huge stir. As long as someone had one in their possession, even if they didn't want to sell, they would find it hard not to.

It would be amazing if he could get his hands on one. However, if he couldn't, so be it.

He still had many other things to do before entering the Realm of Death.

Nie Yan recalled there was a secret shop in the Hilton Stronghold. However, he had already forgotten its exact location. In the previous timeline, he only heard others talking about it but never checked it out himself. It was rumoured even the cheapest consumables there cost more than 1,000 gold while the most ordinary items sold for tens of thousands of gold. Definitely not something he could hope to afford back then.

Aside from the sky-high prices, one required at least 10,000 merit points to enter this secret shop. After killing so many demon beasts, Nie Yan had already accumulated 30,000 merit points. It was definitely enough.

Nie Yan had never visited this secret shop in the previous timeline, so he didn't know its exact whereabouts. But from what he heard, it was in the vicinity.

Nie Yan went to ask Ignatius. As a prominent resident of the Hilton Stronghold, he should know at least this much.

After a few minutes, Nie Yan pried out the location of the secret shop from Ignatius.

Xie Yao and the other players of Asskickers United went off to level together. To prevent being discovered by Alliance of Mages, they moved covertly. Nie Yan prepared to set off to the secret shop by himself.

Nie Yan had more than 10 people tailing him while walking down the street. However, once he decided to ditch them, there was no one who could follow him.

Nie Yan went into stealth and entered a nearby alley, quickly shaking off his pursuers.

After moving around in the narrow alleyways for 10 minutes, taking numerous twists and turns and passing through several passages that could only fit a single person, Nie Yan arrived in front of a shop. Two fully armed guards stood by the entrance. Their silver-white armour appeared quite dazzling.

These two guards were in charge of protecting the secret shop. They were normally quite arrogant, but once they saw Nie Yan, they hurriedly bowed and behaved with utmost respect.

Nie Yan paid the entrance fee. Looking at his contribution, only 3,000 merit points had been deducted. This was probably one of the benefits of his Saint of the Hilton Stronghold title.

Nie Yan entered inside and was greeted by a large hall with many shelves arranged on both sides. They were stocked with all sorts of goods.

The person at the front counter was a tall middle-aged man in civilian attire. Nie Yan inspected him with Transcendent Insight.