Chapter 593 - Pharaoh Brannigan

After deep consideration, Nie Yan finally came to a decision. "Screw it. Nothing in life is free. If I want something, I'll have to take the risk. I've soloed Level 100+ Lords before. What is there to be afraid of?"

Nie Yan walked up to the golden door to the right and forcefully pushed it open.

The golden door slowly creaked open. The room was much larger than the previous ones. It was six by six meters in size. At the center was a large golden sarcophagus. It was five meters in length and covered in ornate and lavish carvings. The person entombed within was probably an illustrious figure.

"I wonder what sort of treasures are inside..." Nie Yan was filled with a deep curiosity. His heart couldn't help but race. He walked up to the sarcophagus and pushed the button, then quickly retreated back to the doorway. It was relatively narrow, making it convenient for him to duck behind a wall in case something happened.

He still had lingering fears from the previous explosion and curse.

Creak... Creak... The sarcophagus slowly opened as a brilliant radiance blossomed out. Nie Yan could see a giant silhouette. The tension in the air was palpable.

Inside the sarcophagus was a three-meter tall corpse. It was covered from head to toe in gold and bore a solemn expression.

Nie Yan patiently waited. He wanted to make sure this fellow wouldn't come back to life.

This corpse lying motionlessly in its sarcophagus looked eerie.

Suddenly, its eyes opened and blossomed with a profound light. It slowly sat up.

"It's a monster!" Nie Yan inspected the corpse with Transcendent Insight.

Pharaoh Brannigan (Lord): Level 110 Death Magister
Health: 3,000,000/3,000,000

"Shit, it's a Magister!"

If it were only a Level 110 Lord, Nie Yan could probably still manage. However, this fellow was a Death Magister. It was a whole step above ordinary Lords.

In this kind of situation, running away was one of the most foolish things you could do. Nie Yan glanced at his surroundings, then immediately had Lil' Gold and Lafus seal off the doorway. Brannigan couldn't be allowed to leave this room, or else he would be impossible to kill. Even a Shadow Dancer wouldn't dare to challenge a Magister in a wide open space.

"You have disturbed my slumber. Lowly wretch, I will tear you apart from limb to limb!" Pharaoh Brannigan declared in a voice full of wrath.

Brannigan climbed out of his golden sarcophagus. A long scepter materialized in his hand.

Nie Yan gazed at Brannigan. Resembling a gold statue, his entire body shone with a golden radiance. His two-meter long scepter was crafted out of a mysterious metal, the tip adorned with a large sapphire which emitted an azure glow.

Brannigan appeared to be constrained. His sarcophagus took up a large portion of the room, so there wasn't much space left for him to move around in.

Nie Yan instantly spotted this. Luckily, he already had Lil' Gold blocking the doorway. No matter what, Brannigan couldn't be allowed out of this room, or else they would be done for. 

"We are the most ancient race. All those that dare to obstruct us will be turned into dust. Scram, filthy beast." Brannigan swung his scepter toward Lil' Gold.

Nie Yan hurriedly had Lil' Gold duck out of the way.

KLAANG!!! Brannigan's scepter struck the doorway. It trembled violently but didn't collapse. A door forged out of solid metal wouldn't crumble that easily.