Chapter 494 - Javelin Launcher

As Nie Yan carried Xie Yao upstairs like a princess, he heard the sound of vehicles coming in from the driveway. His father was home. He didn't dare to mess around with his father present, and had Xie Yao return to her room to get dressed.

Large crates containing electronic appliances were being unloaded off a truck.

"Uncle is back. Should I go meet him...?" Xie Yao asked after getting changed. Thinking of meeting Nie Yan's father, she couldn't help but become a little nervous.

Nie Yan shook his head. "No need. It's not the right time. You staying at our villa is still a secret. Too many people knowing wouldn't be good. It would take too long to explain the whole story to my father anyway."

Xie Yao nodded. She also didn't want Nie Yan's father thinking she was frivolous, staying in his home without prior consent.

Nie Yan knew now wasn't the time to eat up Xie Yao.

"I'll go meet my father. You stay here," Nie Yan said before heading downstairs.

There were many workers in the living room busily at work, transporting the crates into the villa.

"What are these for?" Nie Yan asked his father, his curiosity piqued by the strangeness of this all.

Father Nie narrowed his eyes. Looking Nie Yan up and down, he chuckled, "Protective measures. We're raising the security of the villa."

"Oh." Nie Yan sensed a special meaning behind his father's words.

"Recently, we've signed off on a couple of business deals, including a partnership with the Dragonsoar and Glory Financial Groups. The Glory Financial Group plans to enter Conviction and wants our cooperation. They're willing to support the War God Tribe, and they have high hopes for our future," Father Nie smiled.

Hearing this, Nie Yan immediately knew this was the handiwork of Xie Jun. World Bloc was still a new organization. It was nowhere close to being on the same level as the likes of the Dragonsoar and Glory Financial Groups. For the Glory Financial Group to be willing to support the War God Tribe meant they were showing a great deal of face to World Bloc.

"Of course, this doesn't mean we should lose our focus. You're my son. I'll always have your back, no matter what. Do whatever you think is necessary. Even if the sky collapses, your old man will be there to hold it up. I've already learned about everything that happened in the Moro River Banquet Hall, the words you spoke to the Xie Family. I'm proud of you. Never allow others to look down on you!" Father Nie brightly smiled.

Nie Yan realized Xie Jun had probably informed his father about the situation. He was deeply moved by his father's words.

"I'll call Xie Yao over to meet you," Nie Yan said.

"No need, we'll meet when the time is right. I've already had people investigate the young lady of the Xie Family. I'm satisfied. You've made quite the catch," Father Nie laughed, patting Nie Yan on the shoulder.

The partnership between the Glory Financial Group and World Bloc was undoubtedly a boon for the Nie Family.

However, judging from Father Nie's tone, it seemed he had no plans of becoming complacent. Face was something given to you, but honor was something you earned yourself. For World Bloc to truly become powerful, they couldn't simply rely on the charity of the Glory Financial Group.

Nie Yan wanted to turn the Nie Family into a genuine major financial group that didn't lose out in the slightest to the likes of the Dragonsoar and Glory Financial Groups. He would also have to face the Century Financial Group one day. Regardless of the method, he was determined to take down Cao Xu.