Chapter 436 - Entrusted By Father Xie

Of the eight bodyguards outside, three snuck away to find the sniper. The enemy they were after was very skilled. He had already gunned down three of their comrades in quick succession. The remaining two wanted to get to the villa, but the sniper was preventing them from approaching any closer. It became incredibly difficult for them to advance. They were all military veterans. Their strength and combat awareness couldn't be underestimated, but they were far from being comparable to this sniper.

When the three bodyguards finally found the hiding spot of the sniper, they discovered the person had long fled.

After Wisp died, Bayonet jumped out of the window. Before long, his silhouette disappeared into the darkness, vanishing without a trace.

Watching Bayonet disappear, Nie Yan sank into silence. He couldn't help but wonder if Bayonet would come looking for him.

"Nie Yan, why do you want to recruit such a dangerous person?" Xie Yao asked with a bit of apprehension. She carefully moved around Wisp's corpse.

"I don't know. I just feel like he's trustworthy," Nie Yan replied, not knowing how to explain.

Xie Yao's eyes flashed with a trace of doubt. Although she didn't really understand, she chose not to ask any further.

A while later, the monitoring satellites returned to normal. Cloudwater quickly dispatched a large security force over to Xie Yao's villa.

Nie Yan had Xie Yao call her parents to let them know she was safe and sound. He then quietly brought her to his car, away from everyone's sight, before disappearing into the curtain of night.

The sniper was still at large. That fellow was extremely dangerous.

Nie Yan knew how hitmen operated. They wouldn't give up so easily after failing to kill their target. The larger the security force that arrived in Cloudwater and the more chaotic things became, the greater the danger Xie Yao was in.

He sped along the streets in his Thrawn and finally returned to his own family villa.

The people targeting Xie Yao would probably never guess that she was still in Cloudwater. Sometimes the most dangerous places were the safest.

After arriving at Nie Yan's home, Xie Yao called her parents once more and told them everything that happened. The attempt on her life had momentarily thrown both the Dragonsoar and Glory Financial Groups into turmoil. They immediately started investigating the matter. When they found out who dared to lay a hand on their precious princess, they would unleash their combined fury onto the culprit!

"My father wants to speak with you."

"Alright." Nie Yan took the phone from Xie Yao. He understood Xie Jun probably wanted to ask him to do something.「Uncle, what would you like me to do?」

「I leave Xie Yao in your hands. Please keep her safe. It isn't suitable for her to appear in public right now. Having her stay at your place is probably the safest option. After we finish handling this matter, we'll come pick her up. We'll be troubling you in the meantime,」Xie Jun said solemnly. Nie Yan could tell from his tone that this matter definitely wasn't small, or else they wouldn't be leaving her with him.

「Don't worry, Uncle. I'll definitely keep your daughter safe,」Nie Yan declared.

Nie Yan and Xie Jun chatted for a while longer. He learned from their conversation that they had gotten into a business dispute with the Century Financial Group. Furthermore, internal fighting had broken out in the Dragonsoar Financial Group due to Liu Rui's father.

Nie Yan suddenly recalled such an incident occurring in his past life. Although he wasn't aware of Xie Yao's background back then, it was pretty big news. The Dragonsoar and Glory Financial Groups had fallen into a crisis when a huge argument broke out between Liu Rui's father and Xie Yao's grandfather during a shareholder meeting. This matter wouldn't be resolved until several years down the line.