Chapter 410 - Armoured Catapults

After passing through a long and narrow tunnel, Nie Yan arrived in a spacious lava-filled chamber with a 60-meter high ceiling. Two giant lava monsters guarded the area up ahead. They were six meters tall blob-like creatures composed completely out of lava which regularly oozed out onto the ground.

They looked like miniature versions of the Lava Titan in Kiln Fire Woods. They were immune to fire and had high physical defense. The only way to effectively deal damage to them was with ice magic. Their attacks were also troublesome to deal with since they dealt neither physical nor magic damage, but rather lava damage along with additional fire damage from a burn debuff.

Lava Giant (Elite): Level 80
Health: 120,000/120,000

Level 80 Elites, a lot of health too… It was impossible for Nie Yan to kill these two Lava Giants. He could only try to sneak around them.

Nie Yan checked his surroundings. The ground was pockmarked with pools of bubbling lava. The two Lava Giants completely blocked his way forward. Everywhere they went they left behind a trail of lava that wouldn’t disappear for a long time.

The ceiling was glowing red hot due to the heat coming from the pools of lava below. Thankfully, the yellow Sulfur Crystals appeared unaffected. He could probably get around the Lava Giants by climbing across the walls.

Nie Yan entered stealth and made his way forward. He leaped over some lava flow and started clambering across the wall with the Crawler Ring. 

The two Lava Giants were oblivious to Nie Yan’s presence thanks to his high Cloaking.

Suddenly, the Lava Giant closest to Nie Yan stopped and looked in his direction.

Nie Yan froze in his place. He hurriedly activated a few skills that increased his Cloaking.

The Lava Giant stared at Nie Yan’s hiding spot for a long time before swinging its right arm and lobbing a glob of lava in his direction.

Nie Yan’s heart tightened. Did I get discovered?

However, Nie Yan quickly noticed the glob of lava was only aimed in his general direction.「Bang!」It struck the wall several meters to his side, opening up numerous cracks. The tremors were so intense he nearly slipped off.

Nie Yan couldn’t help but break out in a cold sweat. The Lava Giant’s attack was truly frightening!

After not discovering anything, the Lava Giant turned around and returned to a passive state.

Nie Yan continued creeping his way forward. Some of the crevices on the wall were more difficult to climb over than before. Just as he placed his hand over a Sulfur Crystal and put his weight on it, a chunk snapped off and loudly shattered on the ground.

Crap! I’m done for! Nie Yan silently cursed as he saw the two Lava Giants charge toward him.

Nie Yan was out of options. He leaped off the wall and bolted toward the closest exit.

The two Flame Giants slung globs of lava at Nie Yan. They arced through the air and struck the ground around him, splattering flames everywhere.

Before the splashing lava could hit him, Nie Yan activated Gale Step to avoid taking damage without breaking pace.

The two Lava Giants quickly caught up to Nie Yan. They sent their lava fists hurtling towards him from different directions.

When it looked like Nie Yan was going to be turned into a meat patty, he shot a web line from his left hand at the wall up ahead and swung away to safety. With the Crawler Ring still being active, he quickly climbed up the wall before leaping away.