Chapter 488 - Viper Dagger

Nie Yan continued turning in sheet music scraps to Blimer. After the 12th scrap, he received another spin on the Fate Wheel. This time he received 1,000 gold. Gold and experience, both simply couldn't compare to flying mounts or equipment.

"Hah... I guess this just isn't my day," Nie Yan sighed. However, he was determined to turn in all 36 sheet music scraps. He had already used up two spins, so there was no point in turning back now.

After handing over the 17th scrap, Nie Yan heard a notification jingle. He had levelled up to Level 73.

On the 18th scrap and third spin of the Fate Wheel, Nie Yan yet again received an experience reward.

Two percent, one for a flying mount and the other for a piece of Legendary-grade equipment, the chance was simply too slim. There was no hope.

One scrap after another, the outcomes left Tang Yao and Nie Yan rapidly spiralling down into depression.

"Ah forget it, I'll be happy with anything. There's no need to get our hopes up," Tang Yao comforted.

After getting four garbage spins in a row, Nie Yan's mood had hit rock bottom. Only now did he realize how lucky Heaven Breaker was to receive a piece of Sub Legendary-grade equipment in the previous timeline.

Nie Yan spun the Fate Wheel for the fifth time without getting his hopes up. To his surprise, it stopped on the Special Item reward.

With a ding-dong sound, an item appeared in Nie Yan's bag. He quickly inspected it.

Eye of Kirge: Special Item

Description: The eccentric Goblin Engineer Kirge used his eye to make this item. It allows the user to see through the hidden. When this item is active, movement speed is reduced by 50%.

The Eye of Kirge was suited to help the user avoid danger. It was an extremely useful magic tool.

"I got a Special Item," Nie Yan said. He shared the Eye of Kirge's information with Tang Yao.

Tang Yao fell silent for a moment. "This item doesn't seem that good. Doesn't Mana Eye do the same thing?"

Mana Eye was a Mage skill that helped the caster avoid danger. From the perspective of an ordinary player, it was probably a bit more convenient than the Eye of Kirge.

Nie Yan had his own thoughts about the Eye of Kirge.

"The Eye of Kirge is far more useful than Mana Eye." Nie Yan smiled mysteriously. "I tried looking for this item before, but I couldn't find it. Now that I have it, I can do a couple of amazing, world-shaking things."

"World-shaking things? What do you mean?"

"I can kill Crazy Magic and Divine Flame in their own strongholds," Nie Yan said, his narrowed eyes flashing with a cold light.

"You're really planning on infiltrating their strongholds and assassinating them? How confident are you?"

"30% as a Great Thief and 50% as a Shadow Dancer. If I have a partner, 90%," Nie Yan said. He immediately thought of Sun and King of the World. With them by his side, let alone Crazy Magic and Divine Flame, he could even assassinate Soaring Angel!

"So risky, you really are a daredevil. You sure you've thought it through?" Tang Yao wryly smiled. Nie Yan really was crazy, even daring to do something like this.

"Let's wait until I advance to a Shadow Dancer," Nie Yan laughed.

After handing over the 36th sheet music scrap, Nie Yan checked his experience bar. He was already 79% of the way to Level 74. This was rather quick. He had no idea how long he would have to grind to receive this much experience.