Chapter 495 - Shocking Plan

Nie Yan left the Temple of Light with his Javelin Launcher in hand. From the numerous gems in his storage, he picked out the Gem of Darkness and Silverash Gem. Although the Silverash Gem wasn't as good as the Gem of Darkness, it also lowered the requirements of the socketed equipment, specifically reducing the level requirement by 10.

Nie Yan had a large variety of gems in his possession, even the rare kinds that lowered the stat requirements of equipment.

Nie Yan brought the Gem of Darkness and Silverash Gem to Master Jewelcrafter Paget's workshop and had them socketed. The originally plain looking Javelin Launcher now looked much more stylish with the eye dazzling radiance of these two gems.

Nie Yan took out a javelin. It was roughly one meter long. The body was made out of wood while the head was made out of a silver coloured metal. It was incomparably sharp, sporting a multi-pronged blade with blood grooves running down the sides. Its design was quite elaborate.

Nie Yan learned how to operate the Javelin Launcher. It could launch a javelin into the air and strike a target from afar, dealing piercing damage.

A Level 100 Javelin Launcher could deal 3,200 ranged damage. After socketing the Gem of Darkness and Silverash Gem, 10% of the damage would be converted to dark piercing damage with a 1% chance of ignoring all defense and critically striking. Its level requirement was also reduced from Level 100 to Level 80.

Nie Yan put away the Javelin Launcher in his bag and headed for the Starry Night Potion Shop.

「Guo Huai, I need some Advanced Enchanters. How many in the guild are free right now?」Nie Yan asked.

「Hmm... we can spare five. If it's really urgent, I can ask the others to stop what they're doing and help you.」

「That won't be necessary. Call those five Advanced Enchanters over. Have them meet me on the third floor of the Starry Night Potion Shop.」

「Alright, I'll send them over shortly.」

Nie Yan waited in an empty workshop. After a while, five Advanced Enchanters knocked on the door and entered. Their ages varied greatly, with the oldest being over 40 and the youngest only 18. There were two men and three women.

Many female players didn't enjoy fighting and chose to focus on crafting professions instead. As a result, female artisans were starting to greatly outnumber their male counterparts.

"Boss, how may we be of use today?" one of the Advanced Enchanters asked. He was well into his forties, old enough to be Nie Yan's father. However, he understood the person in front of him was his direct superior.

Nie Yan unloaded the 3,000 javelins onto the workshop bench. "I'd like you guys to add a damage-over-time enchantment to these. Sorry for the trouble."

"All of them...?" The middle-aged Enchanter knitted his brows. There were 3,000 javelins in total!

"I'll be needing these in five days," Nie Yan said.

"That'll be a bit difficult to do... It's not that we don't want to help you. It's just that there's too many javelins."

The other Enchanters nodded in agreement.

"Drop everything you're doing right now and focus only on enchanting these javelins. You'll be provided with all the necessary materials. The reward is 1 gold for every javelin you enchant," Nie Yan said before turning around and leaving the workshop.

With such an attractive reward, even if the workload nearly crushed them, these Enchanters were extremely enthusiastic.

Nie Yan headed to his personal storage. As the guild leader of Asskickers United, his personal storage was a treasure trove.