Chapter 456 - Darkwing Dragon

Nie Yan planned to have many famous crafters collaborate together. Every city had mercenary style organizations. Players in the crafters guild could register, receive, and complete tasks for free and keep the rewards obtained for themselves. The crafters guild could issue out various odd job requests and not collect an intermediary fee.

The first step was to unify the crafters in Asskickers United and have them integrate into the larger community of crafters. Eventually word would get around about how great their benefits were, incentivizing crafters all around the Viridian Empire to start flocking to Asskickers United.

Asskickers United was already known to treat crafters generously, so much so that ordinary crafters were tripping over each other trying to join. However, those with actual ability were few and far between. It was precisely these players that Nie Yan wanted to lure in using the juicy benefits of the crafters guild! Of course, for now this was only in theory. The nitty gritty would be left to Guo Huai and his administrative team to iron out.

Nie Yan rang up Guo Huai and explained his idea.

Not a bad idea. I can definitely see it paying off, especially since we'll be the first.

How many high rank crafters do we have in the guild right now?」Nie Yan asked. He only had a rough understanding of the guild's situation. He couldn't be bothered to pay attention to the small details. That was left to Guo Huai.

We have 39 Advanced Alchemists, 15 Advanced Tinkerers, 31 Advanced Engineers, 6 Advanced Enchanters... Tallying everyone up, we have around 200 or so Advanced Crafters,」Guo Huai replied after pulling up the data.

Every profession improved at different rates, with Enchanters and Runemasters being the slowest and Alchemists coming in at a close second. Of the 36 Advanced Alchemists in the whole of Calore, 21 belonged to the Starry Night Potion Shop, with 18 more being recruited from other cities.

About 200 Advanced Crafters, this number was merely a drop in the bucket compared to all the crafters in the Viridian Empire.

Has there been anyone that reached the Master rank yet?」Nie Yan asked. Master rank was a major watershed. Later on, Advanced crafters could be found everywhere. However, very few would succeed in becoming Masters, less than 1 in 1,000. If you became an Advanced crafter, you would be accepted into any guild and find decent work. If you became a Master crafter, your fame would reach far and wide.

Not yet, but six people in the Starry Night Potion Shop are showing good promise. It's looking like Quiet Nannan is going to be the first among them to succeed after learning the Everwinter Potion Recipe you picked up. I predict he'll rank up sometime in the next 10 or so days. As for the others, It'll probably take another month or longer if I were to give a conservative estimate,」Guo Huai said. Becoming a Master was an incredibly difficult hurdle.

Nie Yan recalled it wasn't much different in the previous timeline.「When Quiet Nannan becomes a Master Alchemist, announce it publicly and use the momentum to promote the crafters guild.

Understood.」Guo Huai nodded.

Nie Yan stayed in the Hilton Stronghold for the whole day. He rented out a room in the inn to let the three kids wash up and bought them new clothes. Afterwards, he noticed their loyalty for him had increased even further.

On the second day, Nie Yan received word that Great General Breakspear had returned. He passed through the bustling streets and headed for the Great General's residence.

Nie Yan spotted many groups of soldiers along the way. They were fully equipped, all clad in the same sets of army regulated armour.

The atmosphere in the Hilton Stronghold was a lot heavier than before. It appeared Ignatius had passed on his words to the administrator. Like this, Nie Yan had one less thing to worry about. If in five days monsters swarmed out of the Underworld like he predicted, it would count as a successful prophecy.