Chapter 497 - Skyfire Wing

Gloomy Forest, Level 90 Spiny Lizards roamed this map. They had thick armoured hides covered in sharp spikes. On top of their solid defense, they returned a portion of damage received as thorns damage. However, their health pools were on the low side relative to other Level 90 monsters.

Nie Yan clambered up a large tree. Looking into the distance, he spotted a group of Spiny Lizards passing between the thickets. He took aim with his Cavalry Crossbow and pulled the trigger.「Whoosh! Whoosh! Whoosh!」Five bolts whizzed through the air, passing through the gaps between the trees, and struck a Spiny Lizard in quick succession.

"Hiss!" The Spiny Lizard locked onto Nie Yan. It rushed toward him along with several dozen of its companions in tow.

Nie Yan jumped off the tree before bolting away, using his Cavalry Crossbow to aggro every group of Spiny Lizards he encountered in his path.

More and more Spiny Lizards started chasing Nie Yan.

"Eat this!" Nie Yan activated a Death Wave Scroll. Ripples of death energy spread out, sweeping over the Spiny Lizards in the vicinity.

1,000
1,000
1,000
...

Nie Yan fled to safety. After a while, when the Death Wave Scroll came off cooldown, he used another one. Ripples of death energy spread out.

A few minutes later, as Nie Yan activated another Death Wave Scroll, the Spiny Lizards began dropping like flies as more than half the group collapsed dead on the ground.

Nie Yan circled around to the back in stealth and finished off the remaining low-health stragglers. He then collected the loot they dropped.

Levelling was dull and monotonous. Nie Yan's levelling speed right now was already pretty fast. In the previous timeline, he would grind in one area for two to three months straight for a single level-two if he was lucky. He would only return to town to sell off his harvest once every few weeks.

In order to become an expert, getting used to solitude and loneliness was a must.

Nie Yan continued grinding the Spiny Lizards in the forest.

...

The Elemental City, Kavodin, was situated halfway atop a mountain. The skyscape dotted with tall buildings glowed with a seven coloured radiance, giving the place an illusory feel. The current state of the city could be best described as chaotic, with more than 20 Level 4 guilds vying for dominance. Since they were all similarly sized, a clear leader had yet to emerge. This absence of a major unifying power allowed guilds like Alliance of Mages, Divine Protectors, and God Executioner Sword to establish a presence in this city, in the hopes of one day taking it for themselves. Asskickers United also had an office here.

Asskickers United's player presence in Kavodin wasn't large. However, their businesses were flourishing. They had no less than 10 shops in the city, of which five were branches of the Starry Night Potion Shop. They already controlled 70% of the market. Besides this, many artisans were flocking to their doorsteps.

A group of five emerged from Kavodin's transfer area. They teleported again, this time southwest to a small town called Keynes. They had an Arcane Mage, a Warrior, a Thief, a Paladin, and a Priest. This was a fairly standard party composition.

"Watchful Snail told us to head southeast of here and search for a travelling scroll seller. Why do I feel like we're being led on a wild goose chase? We don't even know when this hidden NPC will show up. We're just supposed to level in this area and hope we bump into them. Don't you think it's strange, Panda?" the Arcane Mage called Daybreak turned to the Warrior and asked.