Chapter 493 - Dance of the Peacock

Nie Yan simply chuckled. He didn't appear perturbed by Qin Han's words at all.

Learning Nie Yan was Nirvana Flame, the male students who also happened to play Conviction grew much more cordial. With Xie Yao's presence, the female students didn't dare to do anything out of line. Nevertheless, many still approached him to strike up a conversation.

Nie Yan occasionally spotted some hints of bitterness in Jiang Yingyu's expression, but he pretended not to notice.

Nie Yan's heart was devoted solely to Xie Yao.

After the class party ended, Nie Yan drove back home with Xie Yao.

Nie Yan received a text message from Bayonet during the drive home, confirming from the satellite data that no one was tailing them.

Bayonet's expertise in hacking satellites was definitely top notch. Nie Yan had no idea where Bayonet learned this skill, but he naturally didn't let it go to waste. He bought Bayonet all sorts of bleeding edge equipment. With this, Bayonet could more easily access the civilian satellites and better monitor the situation in the area through the video feed.

After confirming everything was safe, Nie Yan and Xie Yao arrived home.

The villa appeared quiet and tranquil. The flowers in the garden were in full bloom. The noise of the outside couldn't breach this place.

"Are you worried about Qin Han?" Xie Yao asked. Nie Yan seemed a bit absent-minded.

"No." Nie Yan shook his head with a smile. He didn't take any of Qin Han's words to heart.

"Today was pretty lively, but everyone will be going their separate ways now. I don't know why, but it feels a little lonely. Xia Ling and Yue'er are going to study abroad..." Xie Yao let out a deep sigh. Partings were inevitable in life. That didn't make them any easier. However, the connections made and memories shared were what mattered the most.

"Don't worry, we've both entered the Top Military Academy. We can visit them whenever," Nie Yan faintly smiled.

"Mhm..." Xie Yao nodded.

As the two walked into the villa, Xie Yao's cheeks burned hot as she recalled her earlier promise to Nie Yan.

"I'll be waiting for you in the workout room. I'm looking forward to your dance," Nie Yan whispered in Xie Yao's ear. The mood immediately became hot.

"H-haha... Hey, Nie Yan. Is it too late to ask to push this back to some other time...?" Xie Yao asked.

Nie Yan simply gazed at Xie Yao with a mischievous smile.

Xie Yao immediately grew flustered. "A-alright! I'll dance!"

Nie Yan entered the workout room.

Seeing Nie Yan's figure disappear into the workout room, all the courage Xie Yao had drummed up deflated like a balloon. She entered her bedroom and opened up the wardrobe cabinet. Inside were all sorts of laced gowns and undergarments. After brooding for what seemed like forever, she finally picked one and tried it on in front of the mirror. Seeing how revealing and sexually provocative it was, several lewd scenes flashed through her mind, and her heart became flustered.

Unwilling to lose out to Jiang Yingyu, Xie Yao steeled herself and made her way to the workout room.

Nie Yan had already instructed the servants that no one was permitted to enter this area. Xie Yao covered herself in a jacket as she walked through the hallway. Arriving outside the doorway of the workout room, she removed her socks, exposing her delicate ankles. After a brief moment of hesitation, she summoned the courage to enter.