Chapter 557 - The First Batch To Leave

The campaign in Moonlight City was advancing smoothly. Meanwhile, Nie Yan used all sorts of methods to amass more wealth. He wanted to ensure the guild wouldn't run short on funds while at war.

During this time, Guo Huai sent word that several members wanted to leave the guild. The withdrawal form required Nie Yan to sign off on, so Guo Huai contacted him.

Who wants to leave the guild?」Nie Yan asked in alarm. This was the first time Asskickers United players had requested to withdraw from the guild. The previous time with Smoke Stub didn't count since something had come up.

Sesame Cake and five others,」Guo Huai replied with a heavy heart. Among the second-rate players in Asskickers United, they ranked among the top. They had been with the guild since the beginning and were slowly nurtured up. So, their request to leave was especially hard to swallow.

Nie Yan was familiar with Sesame Cake, a long standing member of the guild. He had once asked Sesame Cake to help him take care of Zhai Hao and his other friends from school.「Where are they right now?」He had already guessed what was going on. Likely, Sesame Cake and the others had been approached by the Century Financial Group with an offer they couldn't resist. Under the allure of money and other benefits, those blinded by greed would naturally gravitate toward leaving.

If Nie Yan agreed to sign the form, they could leave the guild without any burden. If Nie Yan refused to sign the form, they would leave anyway. As for the penalty, with a behemoth like the Century Financial Group backing them, they wouldn't care about such a little amount of money.

The Cripps Stronghold guild headquarters,」Guo Huai replied. He was still trying to convince them to reconsider.

I'll be right there.」Nie Yan dropped everything he was doing and headed for the Cripps Stronghold.

About 10 minutes later, Nie Yan arrived outside of the guild headquarters. As he headed inside, he could hear people chattering up ahead. About 30 or so players were gathered in the lobby. Guo Huai was talking with Sesame Cake and several others.

"Sesame Cake, tell me. Ever since you've joined the guild, have we ever done you wrong? If we have, please tell me, so I can make it right," Guo Huai said.

"Executive Guild Leader, after following you and Nirvana Flame for so long, we've never once felt we've been mistreated. However, everyone has their own ambitions. I hope we part amicably today," Sesame Cake said in a somewhat ashamed tone.

"Sesame Cake, when I first joined Asskickers United, it was you who helped guide me. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be where I am today. All of us brothers want you to stay," Zhai Hao chimed in from the side.

Sesame Cake let out a deep sigh. "Brother, I've carved your feelings deep into my heart. I've let you all down. But we simply can't stay in Asskickers United. Nothing lasts forever. Even if we part ways, we'll still be brothers in the future..." Speaking to this point, he felt a pang of guilt in his heart. He had already signed the contract with the Century Financial Group. They had offered him sixfold what he was earning at Asskickers United. Even though he also didn't wish to leave, for the sake of securing a better future for himself and his family, he had to make this choice. This money was extremely important to him.

The other five players beside Sesame Cake also had looks of shame on their faces. They couldn't even look their comrades in the eyes.

"Think about how much the boss and Bladelight helped you in the past. Now that you can stand on your own and made a bit of a name for yourself, the first thing you do is leave the guild? This is how you're going to repay them!? Old Yu, you ungrateful bastard!" A Warrior rushed up to a Thief in Sesame Cake's group and grabbed him by the collar before he was pulled away by his companions.