Chapter 538 - Clever Deployment of Thieves

Alliance of Mages' forces began setting out towards the castle Asskickers United occupied.

The victory condition was to occupy all 10 castles for one hour. Without possessing an absolute advantage, this kind of feat was difficult to achieve. So, they didn't need to guard their castles for the time being and could freely engage with the enemy.

By ending the battle within a day, Crazy Magic and the others could rush back to Moonlight City.

Alliance of Mages' troops advanced toward Asskickers United's location. What happened next caused Crazy Magic to almost blow his top.

Alliance of Mages suffered repeated ambushes from Asskickers United's Thieves, losing player after player. Crazy Magic attempted to have his forces surround these Thieves to no avail. They were simply too shrewd and skilled, like phantoms only showing themselves when they wanted to. There was no way to guard against them. In the beginning, Alliance of Mages' forces were a lot less organized. However, after losing more than 10 of their comrades to these Thieves, they became more cautious and started moving in large groups. But even that wasn't enough.

These Thieves were Asskickers United's most elite Thieves; King of the World, Sun, One Strike Vow, Tyrannical, and Hapless Frog were all famous characters. When they successfully carried out an ambush, they would immediately leave without dallying around. If they encountered trouble, they would makes themselves scarce. Alliance of Mages had no way of dealing with them.

During this long advance, Alliance of Mages lost another 60 players. Their casualties had risen close to 100.

Crazy Magic's face was red with rage. Without even seeing the enemy, they had already suffered so many casualties. He had the urge to explode with all sorts of profanities.

"Did you guys find out who the hell those Thieves are?" Crazy Magic asked through gritted teeth.

"They're Asskickers United top elites, Sun, One Strike Vow... There's one we don't know, but he's rumoured to be on the same level as Sun."

"Fuck, just where did Asskickers United get so many experts!? Did Nirvana Flame come along with them?" Crazy Magic asked in a gloomy tone. Besides Nie Yan, Sun was also an unrivalled existence. In the entire Viridian Empire, only Shadow Killer rivalled him. Now all of a sudden another Thief on the same level as Sun had appeared? Was Asskickers United some kind of Thieves' lair? Why were all the top Thieves running there?

"Nirvana Flame is still in the castle. He didn't come," Maple Sky replied. He couldn't help but be secretly relieved. They were already in such a sorry state without Nirvana Flame here. If he did come, they'd be done for!

With such a long front line, it was impossible for Alliance of Mages to guard against this group of Thieves!

Crazy Magic understood Nie Yan's plan. Asskickers United would guard the stronghold, stalling for time while their top Thieves whittled away the forces of Alliance of Mages. If the battle dragged on for a few days, Alliance of Mage's losses would gradually accumulate. Then when the final decisive battle started, it would be a complete one sided slaughter.

"Should we return to the castle?" Maple Sky asked. From the moment they entered the Realm of Death, Alliance of Mages had been led around by the nose. Reclaiming the initiative would be truly difficult.

"Even if we hide in the castle, we still can't defend against those Thieves. A single castle can only fit 1,000 players at most. The rest will still have to set up camp outside. Furthermore, if we retreat now, we'll be doing exactly what Nirvana Flame wants us to do. They can keep stalling for time. We could split up into three different castles, sure. But that leaves us vulnerable to being attacked by Asskickers United's forces. At this rate, we're going to die a slow death. We're better off trying to end the war now," Crazy Magic said. This move of Nie Yan's was truly ruthless. He was left with no other option.