Chapter 589 - Cheater

The command faculty gymnasium.

The Top Military Academy's gymnasiums were top-of-the-line. All around were various kinds of fitness testing and exercise equipment. The 2,000 square-meter area could fit more than 300 people and still have room to spare.

A crowd gathered at the center of the gymnasium. They were all students of the command faculty. Almost everyone in class had come over to watch.

Zheng Xu and Nie Yan stood five meters apart. Both had changed into fighting uniforms.

"Today, no matter who wins or loses, it's just a spar. If I end up getting hurt, I have no one but myself to blame," Zheng Xu said. He immediately placed himself in the underdog position. His meaning was clear. If Nie Yan suffered injuries, he could only suck it up. If he won, it was only natural since he placed first in the overall rankings.

"I'll hold back, don't worry." Nie Yan coldly stared at Zheng Xu. He looked down on these types of people the most.

Hearing these words, Zheng Xu's expression turned ugly. He inwardly sneered, Let's see you try and act cocky when you're curled up on the ground!

"Who do you think will win, Nie Yan or Zheng Xu?"

"Nie Yan, probably. But who knows. Their strength isn't that far apart. 100-200 kg can be easily be made up with fighting skill."

The nearby students discussed spiritedly. Everyone expressed differing opinions.

What they didn't know was that Zheng Xu and Nie Yan weren't even on the same level in terms of combat experience. After all, Nie Yan was a seasoned assassin. His techniques were ruthless and efficient, not flashy and impractical like those who only fought for sport.

"I'll make the first move," Zheng Xu said.

"Come!" Nie Yan replied.

The students enthusiastically cheered. They took a few steps back to give the fighters more space.

Zheng Xu let out a low shout. He rushed forward and fiercely chopped down.

Nie Yan reacted quickly, raising an arm to block. Bang! He elbowed Zheng Xu in the chest. His movements were as fast as lightning.

Zheng Xu had no way to dodge. With a grunt, he threw out a knee strike. He was aiming for mutual destruction.

Nie Yan dodged to the side. Retreating several paces back, he threw out a spinning back kick toward Zheng Xu's head.

Zheng Xu quickly raised his arm to block. BAM! He was sent staggering back.

Nie Yan and Zheng Xu exchanged several moves in an instant. They were basically trading blow for blow. The spectators felt their hearts racing. Each punch, elbow, knee, and kick resounded through the gym. If they took such heavy blows, their bones would break.

Zhen Xu took several blows head-on. He was inwardly crying out in pain. Even though he had added special protection to his joints and other areas, Nie Yan's attacks still hurt immensely. His entire body ached as he felt his blood churning from every impact. What powerful attacks! If he hadn't made some preparations in advance, he probably wouldn't have lasted more than two moves!

Nie Yan was too powerful. His combat style was domineering and oppressive. Zheng Xu couldn't even muster the power to resist.

Nie Yan was also taken aback. His arms, his legs, his whole body was aching. It felt like he was hitting an incomparably hard steel plate. The rebound force made his arms and legs numb. With his first elbow strike, he didn't expect Zheng Xu to accept the blow so readily. Given the force behind it, Zheng Xu should at least have broken a few ribs. However, the person in question appeared completely fine. He finally realized what was going on. Zheng Xu was cheating!