Chapter 565 - Rank 8 Backbreaker!

After familiarizing himself with the execution of Backbreaker, Nie Yan started gaining skill proficiency in it even faster than before.

93% completion, 95% completion, 96% completion...

After executing Backbreaker numerous times, Nie Yan grew increasingly familiar with the skill and gradually started comprehending more of its mysteries. Constantly correcting and adjusting his movements, he managed to achieve a completion rate of 98%. From an ordinary player's perspective, this was an inconceivable matter. Achieving 100% completion was seen as almost impossible. 98% was practically the same.

As Nie Yan executed Backbreaker more and more, its skill proficiency rose explosively. Before long, another crisp system jingle rang out. It had advanced to Rank 5.

Nie Yan was perhaps the only player in the Viridian Empire who had a Rank 5 Freedom Skill, which were known for being quite difficult to train. It was already amazing enough to train an ordinary skill to Rank 5, let alone a Freedom Skill!

If Nie Yan landed a 90% Backbreaker on a player, even a Fighter would be instantly killed if not lose most of their health. Combined with the fact that Backbreaker also stunned, the enemy would be dead either way.

After diligently training his skills for the whole day, Backbreaker advanced to Rank 8. At this rank, 90% completion could deal 600% damage!

Nie Yan was speechless. He never knew Freedom Skills could deal this kind of damage. He had never discovered this secret in the previous timeline. This was probably why he was stuck as a second-rate player back then.

Nie Yan snuck up behind a Barbarian Warrior, then exploded forth with Backbreaker.

−7538

The Barbarian Warrior was stunned for seven seconds.

After Nie Yan finished cycling through his skills, he struck out with another Backbreaker.

About 70 seconds later, the Barbarian Warrior collapsed to the ground. Given Nie Yan's explosive damage, the Barbarian Warrior couldn't endure no matter how high its health regeneration was.

Nie Yan previously needed two minutes to kill a Barbarian Warrior. Now, he only needed 70 seconds. This increase in combat strength left him feeling excited.

Nie Yan's harvest from killing the Barbarian Warriors was quite good. They only seemed to drop skill books, nothing else. There were many rare skill books, even three Freedom Skill Books. However, they were all for Warriors and Paladins.

Since Backbreaker had reached Rank 8, Nie Yan wanted to train it even higher. However, the higher the rank, the larger the skill proficiency required. According to his calculations, training it to Rank 9 would take at least three days.

Nie Yan continued training Backbreaker while familiarizing himself with his other skills, including Reverse Grip Backstab, Phantom Assassination, Counter, and Flicker Strike. With his experiences with Backbreaker serving as a guide, it didn't take long for him to comprehend a few things.

Reverse Grip Backstab, Counter, and Backbreaker were all similar, requiring the channelling of the power from his body to his arm, then letting it erupt out. On the other hand, Phantom Assassination and Flicker Strike required explosive acceleration to run through an enemy to achieve their highest killing power.

After training for another day, Nie Yan familiarized himself with all his Freedom Skills. Even if he wasn't as skilled with them as Backbreaker, he had still achieved some results.

Before long, Reverse Grip Backstab, Counter, Phantom Assassination, and Flicker Strike advanced to Rank 5. After reaching this point, these skills had become extremely powerful. Nie Yan's efficiency increased yet again, requiring only 50 seconds to take down a Barbarian Warrior.

Rebirth of the thief who roamed around the world (BOOK 3)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara