Chapter 449 - Shadow

Nie Yan arranged for Bayonet to live in a neighbouring villa. That way, if trouble ever broke out, he could instantly rush over with a simple phone call.

With an expert like Bayonet present, the safety of Nie Yan's family was basically assured.

As the two chatted, Nie Yan learned Bayonet had six brothers with whom he traveled from job to job, battlefield to battlefield. Though all of them were injured to some extent, two were inflicted with particularly nasty viruses which required copious amounts of medication to relieve their pain. The medical treatment required for them to make a complete recovery would cost at least ¥500,000,000. Moreover, a specialized military doctor had to perform the procedure. Bayonet would spend almost all the money he earned as a mercenary buying the medication necessary to help them live. By now, all hope for a full recovery had about vanished. Bayonet could only continue to persevere while praying for a miracle.

Nie Yan wondered if he should help Bayonet cure his brothers. Given Bayonet's personality, he certainly wouldn't forget the favour.

Bayonet was a person who placed great emphasis on trust and camaraderie!

This was something Nie Yan held in the highest regard.

After finishing his business at the company, Nie Yan returned home. When he walked into his room, Xie Yao appeared to be busy with something.

"I had my father order me a game capsule. What do you think?" Xie Yao pointed to the brand new game capsule in the room.

Nie Yan noticed a second game capsule in his room. It was the same model as his own, except the colours were different. One was silver white, and the other was light blue. These two game capsules were placed adjacent to each other against the wall.

Game capsules placed in close proximity of each other could be linked. If something happened to a person in one of the game capsules, they could directly communicate with the person in the other game capsule.

"Nice. It'll be much more convenient with two game capsules." Nie Yan chuckled. Like this, the two of them could know what the other was doing inside the game at any time.

Xie Yao pursed her lips into a smile. "Now we can talk with each other whenever we want."

With the two game capsules placed together, even if they were in zones inside the game that sealed all communication, they could still talk to each other.

"How are your quests going?" Nie Yan asked in a guilty tone. He had been so preoccupied with his own matters lately that he never bothered to ask about her situation.

"The third part of the Karsi's Blessing questline is too difficult. I need to wait until I'm at a higher level to give it a try. Do you remember the list you shared with our contracted members, the one with the locations of Sub Legendary and Legendary-grade equipment? Well, I've triggered the quest for the Saintess Christina Set. I'm already doing it right now. I have to take a trip to another city tomorrow," Xie Yao said. One thing that bothered her was how did Nie Yan get his hands on such a list? It had the locations of more than 300 quest triggers, none of which could be found online. If the top players of Asskickers United could obtain the Sub Legendary and Legendary-grade equipment from these locations, they would become terrifying existences, leaving others guilds trembling in fear. Such equipment would help them reach the apex!

Nie Yan had spent quite a few brain cells sifting through the memories of his past life for the sake of recalling the locations of these pieces of equipment. Though many memories resurfaced bit by bit, some still remained fuzzy. So, he could only give general directions, having the players from Asskickers United find the exact locations for themselves.