Chapter 413 - Occult Behemoth, Molelord

Nadago’s soul suffered a heavy blow, putting him in a weakened state.

“Y-you! What have you done? I’ll skin you alive and torture your soul for all eternity!” Nadago furiously cursed. After a millennium of imprisonment, he had finally found an opportunity to break free of the shackles binding him and was only moments away from obtaining the freedom he so desired. But this wretched human ruined everything! He had channeled much of his soul into the Staff of Curses, employing Nie Yan as a proxy to shatter the Holy Stones. Its destruction represented a significant loss of his power.

Nie Yan was elated his gamble paid off. Although he had noticed the changes occurring in the Staff of Curses as soon as he entered the barrier, he was walking on a knife’s edge. Nadago could instantly end his life at the first sign of resistance. So, he could only bide his time, patiently waiting for an opportunity to appear. Had he not complied with the orders, he would be a corpse right now.

Impatience was the greatest enemy to achieving one’s own goals. With freedom right before his eyes, Nadago had dropped his guard, giving Nie Yan the opportunity to turn the tide!

Nevertheless, it was a pity such a valuable staff had to be sacrificed!

Nie Yan burst into action as he activated God’s Blessing and dashed toward Nadago with Zennarde’s Sword slashing down.

Nadago was a caster, so God’s Blessing could nullify his damage!

Nadago chanted out a cryptic incantation and cast a powerful curse on Nie Yan as a dark mist tightly wrapped around him.

However, the curse rapidly dissipated before disappearing entirely upon making contact with the membrane of light around Nie Yan.

After being closed in on by Nie Yan, the flames in Nadago’s eye sockets trembled in panic.

Zennarde’s Sword ruthlessly chopped down on Nadago’s chest, shattering two ribs and revealing a beating heart. This was his weak point! Necromancers were still human, albeit ones that endlessly pursued the power of death and transformed themselves into undead. But before becoming Liches, they still couldn’t entirely shed themselves of their mortal coil.

Still, Nie Yan was surprised Nadago was this weak. It appeared the destruction of the Staff of Curses had dealt him a severe blow.

「Pfft!」Nie Yan plunged his dagger into Nadago’s heart. Blood started gushing out like a fountain.

Nadago roared out in pain and unleashed a powerful blast of death energy which sent Nie Yan flying back.

The remaining Holy Stones shone even brighter, melting away the death energy in the surroundings before eventually reaching their limit and shattering into pieces. The stone room shook violently while web-like cracks spread out across the walls.

As the dust and smoke settled, Nadago, drained of all his power, collapsed on the ground. 

Nie Yan glanced at his health, roughly 20% remaining. Fortunately, he wasn’t harmed by the death energy thanks to effects of God’s Blessing. He was only injured by the physical damage portion of the blast.

You have gained 2,186,578 experience for killing the Legendary Necromancer Nadago. Take the broken pieces of Nadago’s Staff of Curses to Great General Breakspear.

As three crisp jingles rang out in his head, Nie Yan went from Level 63 to Level 66. The experience reward was quite generous!

Nie Yan opened up his quest window.

Fate of Empress Finas 
Follow the soul of Molelord Bennett and help him find out what happened to his beloved Empress Finas.

Objectives
☐ Search for Empress Finas’ Venom Sac, Occult Item: 2/3.
☑ Kill the Legendary Necromancer Nadago and take the Occult Talisman.