Chapter 514 - New Title!

Nie Yan followed Ignatius into the grand hall, where he saw a tall NPC in dark violet scale armour which sparkled brilliantly under the lighting of the room. A soaring dragon was carved on the left pauldron.

Nie Yan's heart trembled. It was Legendary-grade dragon armour!

Dragon armour was crafted from the scales of dragons. It boasted powerful defense with light weight for easy maneuverability.

NPCs who could wear Legendary-grade dragon armour were all supreme existences. Nie Yan recalled hearing that the administrator of Calore was the most powerful out of all the adminstrators in the Viridian Empire. He was the king. The next most powerful was the administrator of the Hilton Stronghold. Out of the three grand dukes in the Viridian Empire, he held the most authority.

Nie Yan inspected the NPC with Transcendent Insight.

Administrator Kilfeather (???): Level ???
Titles: Grand Duke, Great General, Dragon Slayer

Transcendent Insight didn't reveal Kilfeather's level. However, Nie Yan could confirm he was at least a Level 180 Lord.

"It's nice to meet you, Grand Scholar. Thank you for everything you've done. If it weren't for your divination of the demon beast invasion, the Hilton Stronghold would've been completely destroyed, and many more lives lost. You're our saviour," Kilfeather said. A Grand Scholar that had successfully predicted a major event would be recognized as an existence closest to god, a quasi prophet.

"As a fellow citizen of the Viridian Empire, it was only the natural thing to do," Nie Yan replied.

After Kilfeather recounted the events of the demon beast invasion, Nie Yan more-or-less understood the gist of the situation. Although 90% of the NPCs in the Hilton Stronghold were killed, most of the Generals and Great Generals had survived. If reinforcements from Calore hadn't arrived in time, the top brass would've likely been wiped out as well.

"Nevertheless, the fact remains you've saved the Hilton Stronghold. Here, this is a small token of our gratitude."

Nie Yan's heart trembled. He was finally going to receive his reward!

Nie Yan heard two notification jingles ring in his ear.

You have received the Saint of the Hilton Stronghold title.

You have received Ygris' Guardian Gages.

The Saint of the Hilton Stronghold title was a high ranking title. It might not mean much in other cities, but inside the stronghold it made the holder only second in status to the administrator!

Nie Yan checked the bonuses of the title.

Saint of the Hilton Stronghold: Increase Influence in the Hilton Stronghold by 50. Receive a 70% discount from all NPC shops in the Hilton Stronghold. Any player that offends the holder of this title will be thrown in jail and become an enemy of all NPCs within the Hilton Stronghold.

Apart from the administrator, no other NPC in the Hilton Stronghold would dare to disrespect Nie Yan.

Nie Yan's status in the Hilton Stronghold had basically reached the peak. Any higher and he would be the administrator.

Aside from the title, Nie Yan also obtained quite a drool-worthy piece of equipment, the Legendary-grade Ygris' Guardian Gages.

The Ygris' Guardian Gages granted the wearer formidable protection. They were ashen-coloured, a rather ordinary look to them. Most Thief equipment was like this, generally consisting of colours which easily blended into the darkness such as gray or black. Function over form, these bracers fit this description perfectly. They were engraved with mysterious, ancient runes. On the sides of both bracers were jagged hook-like metal teeth which didn't obstruct the user's movements at all and could be used to parry attacks.