Chapter 545 - Hunted

Arcanic Shield!

The Arcane Mage quickly shielded himself as a dark barrier enveloped him. This was the most powerful defensive spell available in his arsenal. Besides shielding him from a large amount of damage, it also granted him immunity to all crowd control effects. He believed it would have no issue holding out for a few seconds, buying him enough time to rescue himself.

However, reality proved to be a cruel mistress.

As Zennarde's Blade fell, the Arcanic Shield instantly shattered into pieces, with the Arcane Mage's health suffering the same fate.

It was an instant kill!

Even in death, the Arcane Mage's expression was one of complete disbelief.

Out of the many battles he'd been through, this was the first time a Thief actually managed to kill him even with Arcanic Shield up! Nirvana Flame was simply too inhuman!

His eyes gradually lost their light. Even though he felt unwilling, he could only resign himself to his fate in the end.

After killing the Arcane Mage, Nie Yan plunged Zennarde's Sword into the Blaze Hawk's skull.

"Skreeeh!" the Blaze Hawk cried out miserably as it was swiftly dispatched by the Darkwing Dragon.

After eating the Blaze Hawk's Life Core, Nie Yan sensed the Darkwing Dragon changing in various ways. Its black scales turned into a shade of dark violet and grew even more translucent. It was almost as if a layer of glaze had been applied, giving it a sleek and glossy look.

The Darkwing Dragon also grew stronger on top of its defenses getting tougher.

Though still a far ways off from ranking up, the Darkwing Dragon's growth was definitely noticeable.

Gazing at the landscape below from atop the Darkwing Dragon's head, Nie Yan felt like a god overlooking the world.

At this moment, Natural Fiend had just finished up the battle on his side. Battered and bruised, the Azure Winged Albatross was covered in blood. Whether this blood was its own or the Demonic Butterfly's, no one knew. In any case, it had clearly come out on top, with the Demonic Butterfly's corpse lying on the ground.

"Boss, I got a Life Core!" Natural Fiend breathed out a sigh of relief. He looked worse for wear. One tiny mistake, and it would've been him and the Azure Winged Albatross on the ground, not the enemy.

Clutched tightly in the Azure Winged Albatross' claws was a blood red Life Core which emitted a dim glow.

Of the six flying mounts belonging to Alliance of Mages' side, four had died. These were the results of the first aerial battle in Conviction.

Nie Yan's Darkwing Dragon and Natural Fiend's Azure Winged Albatross would leave an everlasting mark in the annals of Conviction's history. In a two versus six engagement, they had killed four and routed two. Such an achievement was extremely impressive.

Nie Yan had the Darkwing Dragon ascend higher into the sky. Looking back down, he discovered the battle below had also concluded.

How'd you guys fare on ground level?」Nie Yan asked. As he scanned the battlefield, he saw the ground littered with corpses, most of which belonged to Alliance of Mages while only a few belonged to Asskickers United.

So far, we've killed 2,560 enemies, with Crazy Magic leading the remainder away from the battlefield. Those bastards flee pretty quickly. As for the casualties on our side, we've lost about 370 people,」Bladelight replied with a faint smile. This was their cleanest battle yet, having preserved much of their strength. The opponent was the elites of Alliance of Mages, Divine Protectors, Direwolf, Bloodfiends, and other large gaming organizations. Logically speaking, the two sides should be roughly equal. However, they had come out of the battle with far better results than expected.