Chapter 558 - Conspiracy!

Nie Yan knew it was impossible to compete with the Century Financial Group in terms of capital. Seeing which side was wealthier? What a joke!

Given the financial resources of Asskickers United, at about ¥20,000 a month the salaries of second-rate players like Sesame Cake was already fairly generous. Any higher, and the guild would go under. For the Century Financial Group to offer sixfold, that was basically brute forcing their way to victory with money. Even first-rate players could barely command such a salary. For Cao Xu to spend this on Sesame Cake and the others, would it be a good return on investment?

In other words, the Century Financial Group would be taking a loss for every member poached from Asskickers United.

Imagine how many experts Nie Yan could pull to his side with that kind money!

The Century Financial Group was purposefully doing this to Asskickers United, knowing full well they were taking a loss. However, they didn't care. The one thing they weren't short on was money!

"The Century Financial Group wants to dig at our walls? Fine, I'll let them dig to their heart's content!" Nie Yan turned to Guo Huai. "Using my name, release this announcement throughout all of Calore: Asskickers United will be opening up recruitment for 40,000 new members, expanding from 60,000 to 100,000 players! Loosen some of our requirements. We'll begin selections immediately!"

After hearing Nie Yan's words, Guo Huai pondered for a moment before cracking a faint smile, "Not a bad idea. If the Century Financial Group is poaching our players, we'll just replenish them back. Let's see how long they can keep this going for."

Nie Yan understood the new recruits wouldn't necessarily match Asskickers United's old members in quality. However, there were bound to be some good seedlings among them. If he found them within the herd, he could replenish the guild's lost talent.

At the same time, Nie Yan increased the benefits of Asskickers United's players once more. Their profits saw a good boost after the acquisition of Alliance of Mages' strongholds.

After Sesame Cake and the others left, Asskickers United quickly settled back down.

Asskickers United's army was making steady progress under Paladin of the Elegy's command. After taking down two strongholds in a row without much trouble, they continued on to the third.

Crazy Magic could only look on helplessly as Asskickers United razed stronghold after stronghold to the ground, having no choice to but give them up. He gathered all their strength in the Edgarton Stronghold, preparing for a final showdown.

On the other hand, Nie Yan appeared to be in no rush to end the war. They took their time demolishing Alliance of Mages' strongholds, one by one. Moonlight City was home to at least a dozen second-rate guilds. With Asskickers United and Alliance of Mages at war with each other, they took their spots on the sidelines and simply observed. However, if Asskickers United showed the slightest inkling of wanting to expand permanently into Moonlight City, they would immediately band together to resist. Asskickers United currently lacked the manpower, resources, as well as logistical strength required to take over Moonlight City. So, Nie Yan felt they would be better off razing the extra strongholds they conquered to the ground first. Then, when they grew powerful enough to take over Moonlight City, he would rebuild them.

Every stronghold Asskickers United's army passed through would be left in ruins.

As the war progressed, the number of Armoured Ice Catapults on the side of Asskickers United continously increased, going from 15 to 19. Furthermore, another five were on their way thanks to the hard work of their Engineers.

Alliance of Mages' fate was destined to be tragic. The longer the war dragged out, the more they were forced on the defensive. However, having a final showdown with Asskickers United on an open battlefield was practically suicide. The enemy had a total of 19 Armoured Ice Catapults. This was no joking matter! No matter how large of a force you threw at that, they would only be cannon fodder.