Chapter 429 - Struggle to the Bitter End

Nie Yan slaughtered to his heart's desire, making sure he never got in range of the two Armoured Catapults. There would be plenty of time to deal with them later on. Besides, they were too cumbersome to keep up with the Crypt Lord. The enemy had two powerful war machines but no way to use them.

On this battlefield, Nie Yan had thoroughly crushed the enemy's fighting spirit. All their elites had retreated. The ordinary players who remained couldn't even withstand the attacks from the Carrion Scarabs, let alone the Crypt Lord.

Soaring Angel's face was extremely unsightly. He had started gathering all his elites, specifically the Fighters. The main tank from Angel Corps was already on his way. Only Fighters could tank the Crypt Lord, albeit with great difficulty. The level difference was simply too great to overcome. Even so, if they could stall the Crypt Lord for only a brief moment, it would allow the attacks of the Armoured Catapults to land. This was their only hope for victory, no matter how distant and remote.

With the Palente Phoenix Longbow in hand, Soaring Angel was currently dashing between the players on the battlefield. He took out three arrows from his quiver and fired as several crimson streaks of light flew toward Nie Yan.

Nie Yan quickly picked out Soaring Angel from the crowd. He had Crypt Lord Bennett swing around as three arrows brushed past him. Sadly for the enemy, they weren't homing.

In front of Crypt Lord Bennett's unrivalled strength, Soaring Angel could only rely on his ranged attacks to harass Nie Yan.

Under Nie Yan's command, Crypt Lord Bennet suddenly accelerated toward Soaring Angel.

Although the Crypt Lord looked large and clumsy, by no means was it slow. After all, it was a Level 100 Lord. It sped up, reaching a terrifying speed, and quickly caught up to Soaring Angel.

Seeing the mountain-like Crypt Lord barrelling towards him, Soaring Angel's eyes widened in alarm. He never expected such a behemoth to move with such speed!

Soaring Angel sped himself up with a haste skill as he dashed through the battlefield. Elven Demon Hunters were innately quick on their feet to begin with. Add this on top of his excellent equipment, and he could rival even the fastest Thieves. Every now and then, he would turn around and fire a volley of arrows at Nie Yan.

Kiting around like I'm some kind of boss, huh! I'll show you not to underestimate me! Nie Yan naturally wasn't going to put up with Soaring Angel's antics.

Nie Yan had the Crypt Lord continuously swaying back and forth to avoid Soaring Angel's arrows. It sent countless players from Bloodlust Blades flying during the pursuit. Nothing could obstruct its path.

At this moment, a large group of Fighters rushed over and tried to intercept the Crypt Lord, only to be sent flying away by its spiked carapace. Only then did they realize how insignificant they were.

Soaring Angel seized this brief moment of respite, which was bought through the sacrifice of hundreds of lives, to flee far away.

Soaring Angel had absolute confidence in his skills. He wasn't afraid of Nie Yan in a one on one duel. But the Crypt Lord was a different matter altogether. The gap in strength was so overwhelming that he couldn't help but feel a profound sense of helplessness.

Although Angel Corps had many elites, they lacked a being that possessed absolute strength like the Crypt Lord.

Tsk, he flees pretty quickly... Nie Yan grumbled. In any case, Soaring Angel's attacks couldn't pose a threat to him. He continued to wantonly slaughter the enemy's forces. The losses of Bloodlust Blades were severe. At this rate, they would soon be completely wiped out.