Chapter 466 - Golden City

Nie Yan made a trip to the Underworld and returned back to the surface. The Tuoba Family's five guilds were still assaulting the War God Tribe's strongholds to no avail. He received word two of the Armoured Ice Catapults were completed, and it wouldn't be long before the third was ready for war too.

With three Armoured Ice Catapults complete, the War God Tribe would launch an all out counter offensive. Previously, Bloodlust Blades had used Armoured Catapults to slaughter the players of Asskickers United during the siege of the Cripps Stronghold. This time, their side would use the Armoured Ice Catapults to massacre the Tuoba Family's five guilds. If the Tuoba Family didn't have a comparable siege engine or powerful summon like the Crypt Lord, they were going to suffer dearly.

Like Nie Yan envisioned, on the sixth day of the war in Nisode, the War God Tribe brought out the three Armoured Ice Catapults and wreaked utter carnage on the forces of the Tuoba Family's five guilds. Their awe inspiring presence and might left the enemy beating a full retreat.

The defeat of the Tuoba Family was inevitable.

The War God Tribe held an absolute advantage. So long as the three Armoured Ice Catapults stood, victory was assured. Nie Yan felt comfortable leaving the rest to Guo Huai. Everything was fully under control.

Nie Yan offloaded all the equipment he brought back from the Underworld in the various auction houses across the Viridian Empire. This time, however, he only made around 500,000 gold in profit. Night Vision and Focus boosting equipment in the market had hit a saturation point. It would be a while before demand increased again.

Selling equipment like this, of course the first few times would be extremely profitable. However, every subsequent time would be less so, to the extent that Nie Yan would be better off doing something else. He and Plenty agreed on postponing the next trade. Both sides had already benefited greatly from this cooperation.

Guo Huai sent word that Sun had received a flying mount quest. Nie Yan also received an update from King of the World saying he had just obtained two pieces of Sub Legendary-grade equipment.

With Guo Huai leading everything, Asskickers United along with Holy Empire, Sapphire Shrine, and Radiant Sacred Flame took down all the Basic Strongholds surrounding Calore. They frantically upgraded the buildings and defenses of all their strongholds. Everyone was busy beyond belief.

Nie Yan checked the progression of his three most important active quests. The first was finding out the truth about the Ten Holy Paladins, with Karsi telling him to look for the Dragon Girl, Venita. He estimated he would have to be Level 100 at minimum to complete this quest. He temporarily shelved it for the time being. The second quest was to search for the Occult Talisman of Empress Finas. This was a similarly high difficulty quest. The third quest was collecting the Tyrant Abak Set. It required him to travel to the Level 60 map, Golden City. This was the only one he could do right now.

Nie Yan was also still tagged with the Wander Princess' Mark. However, Phantom Princess Ina still hadn't shown up even once yet. He figured she would only appear under certain conditions. He would have to be careful while out questing.

Nie Yan made his preparations. After stocking up on consumables, he teleported to Hilderlocke and set off for Golden City. Suddenly, a notification popped up.

-A calamity descends on the Hilton Stronghold as lava from the erupting Mt. Anfrit overflows into the Underworld. The soldiers of the Viridian Empire heroically fend off the hordes of invading monsters.

The Defense of the Hilton Stronghold update is released. Brave adventurers, set off for the Hilton Stronghold to protect humanity's bastion of heroes!