Chapter 479 - Backer

"We really do know Nirvana Flame!" Li Rui tried to argue. However, since he was no good at speaking and lacked proof, he ended up blustering.

"Well, we know Nirvana Flame too! Who doesn't know him? But guess what? He doesn't know us!" Mo An scoffed. "If you guys are really that close to him, why don't you call him over here? Have him carry you through Dark Marsh, should be easy enough, right?

Li Rui's face flushed bright red. He wanted to refute, but Zhai Hao cut him off, "Enough, stop it already."

Despite having a bellyful of anger, Li Rui could only drop it. Unless they really called Nie Yan over, there was no way Mo An, Mo Tao, and Mo Yan would believe them. Nie Yan treated them as genuine friends. They didn't want to request his help for this matter and have him look down on them. What kind of people would they be if they abused their association with him just to settle some petty dispute?

Li Rui could clearly see the mockery in Mo An's eyes. However, he could only swallow his anger.

"Until you can show us some solid proof, don't bother mentioning it again. You'll just end up making fools out of yourselves," Mo Tao chuckled. "We're still missing a few people. Go find us some Mages, ones with high enough magic power. If you really can't find any, I'll call some of my friends over. They're all top players in Dark Hero. We'll probably have to give them something for their trouble, though."

Zhai Hao understood that if they really called these people over, they might get screwed over and end up with nothing. Finding random players to fill up the missing spots was their best bet.

"Let's keep waiting a little longer. I'll see if anyone in our guild is up for joining us," Zhai Hao said.

"Keep waiting? We've already waited for over half an hour. I don't have all fucking day here, you know?" Mo An said.

Zhai Hao was also getting annoyed. It wasn't easy for him to gather 15 people. All they had to do was find a few decent Mages, and they could start running Dark Marsh. Were they really going to give in just like that? He felt aggrieved and reluctant. He turned to the others in the group with an apologetic look. "Sorry guys, I've made you waste your time."

"Don't worry about it, Zhai Hao. We're all friends here. You can keep looking. We don't mind waiting a bit longer," a person called Jiang Fan said. He was a student from Class 5. Everyone knew how difficult it was gathering 20 people to run a dungeon, the process usually taking up to an hour or longer. Even with a set team, members were often absent because they were preoccupied questing or doing something else.

The others echoed Jiang Fan's sentiments. They were all sympathetic with Zhai Hao's troubles, unlike the Mo trio.

"You guys..." Zhai Hao gritted his teeth. Even if he had to suffer a loss, he was determined to get this team up and running. He would ask Mo An to call those friends from Dark Hero over. This was the only option. He wasn't willing to let these brothers wait all this time for nothing.

Nie Yan approached Zhai Hao, Li Rui, and the others. He had been eavesdropping on their conversation and roughly understood the gist of the situation. The Mo trio were being their usual loathsome selves.

Seeing a cloaked stranger walking over, Zhai Hao's group grew wary.

Nie Yan lifted his hood and turned to Zhai Hao with a faint smile. "Seems like you guys need my help?"

"Nie Yan!?" Li Rui exclaimed in shock.

Zhai Hao also never expected Nie Yan to show up. The others were rubbing their eyes in disbelief. Nirvana Flame had taken the initiative to come over and greet them! This sounded like something straight out of a dream, but it was actually happening right in front of them.