Chapter 571 - Seduction

Steal was gaining skill proficiency rapidly. After reaching Rank 5, its success rate had increased twofold. He now succeeded every three in 10 attempts, and the items he stole were slightly better than before.

At the same time, the amount of skill proficiency required to rank up had increased by over fivefold. However, with a 50x skill proficiency multiplier, the training speed was still relatively quick. Three hours later, Steal reached Rank 6.

Nie Yan calculated in his head. With this kind of speed, Rank 10 Steal wasn't too far away.

While raising the rank of Steal, Nie Yan also continued training his other skills. Since he required the target to be immobilized to use Steal, Concussive Blow, Smothering Strike, and his other control skills were all rapidly gaining skill proficiency. Both Concussive Blow and Smothering Strike advanced to Rank 5.

Every skill was gaining skill proficiency rapidly. Nie Yan envisioned that if he trained here for a few days at his current speed, he would see an explosive growth in strength.

When all five of his Freedom Skills reached Rank 10, he wouldn't need to be afraid even if he encountered a Lord. Add on Rank 10 Steal on top of this, and his earnings from hunting mobs would increase several times over.

Apart from the five Freedom Skills, the Kick skill was also pretty useful. So, in between Steal attempts, Nie Yan would also give the Barbarian Warriors a few swift kicks.

Nie Yan snuck up behind a Barbarian Warrior and struck him with Backbreaker, then started spamming Steal.

Steal has failed.

Steal has failed.

Steal successful! You have obtained a skill book. You have obtained 50 skill proficiency.

...

Nie Yan didn't have much hope for this skill book. He already had a high quality collection of skills that suited his style of play. On top of that, his bag was packed with another 160 skill books! Glancing at the name of the skill book, his heart trembled-Advanced Lockdown!

Advanced Lockdown's effects were similar to Extreme Intimidate, immobilizing the target for two seconds.

The more of these kinds of skills Nie Yan had, the better, since it allowed him to lock his target down for a longer period of time. He learned Advanced Lockdown without the slightest hesitation. Glancing at his skill window, he only had three empty skill slots remaining. A bit of spring cleaning was in order.

After learning Advanced Lockdown, Nie Yan continued unloading crowd control skills on the Barbarian Warrior. Before long, the monster with several hundred thousand health collapsed on the ground. He dealt with it as though it were just an ordinary monster.

Raising the rank of skills was a dull affair which tested a person's patience greatly. Grinding experience like this continuously, another day soon passed by.

Nie Yan exited the game and stepped out of Conviction. Glancing next to him, Xie Yao's game capsule was already empty. The sound of running water came from the bathroom. It appeared she was showering.

Nie Yan felt his heartstrings slightly stir. He couldn't help but visualize a few lascivious scenes.

Nie Yan walked over to the bathroom.

At this moment, Xie Yao stepped out with a towel wrapped around her. The two made eye contact. Nie Yan awkwardly laughed.

Xie Yao shot Nie Yan a reproachful look. Pervert!

Nie Yan's actions toward Xie Yao only went as far as touching and groping.

Fresh out of the shower, Xie Yao's skin was flushed pink. A towel wrapped around her body, revealing her supple white shoulders and slender legs, only barely covered her thighs. Her half exposed self filled one's mind with all sorts of desires.