Chapter 549 - Doppelganger Necklace

Only an hour after the meeting finished did Nie Yan receive word from Guo Huai that Cao Xu had come to Moonlight City. The Century Financial Group had granted Alliance of Mages and Divine Protectors more than 5,000,000 gold in war funds, split into three separate deposits. Nie Yan couldn't help but sigh. The Century Financial really lived up to their reputation, putting forth such a large sum right off the bat. It appeared he still underestimated their financial resources.

Many of the Century Financial Group's investments were hidden from the public. Perhaps the only person who knew how many shops and properties the Century Financial Group owned in the Viridian and Satreen Empires was Cao Xu himself.

Apart from this information, Guo Huai also found out that about a hundred of Cao Xu's confidantes had secretly infiltrated Calore. Though what they were planning to do remained a mystery.

A trace of unease sprouted in Nie Yan's heart. He immediately ordered Guo Huai to find out the aim of Cao Xu's confidantes!

Calore was Asskickers United's base of operations. It couldn't be allowed to fall!

Nie Yan also received word that Shadow Killer was in the Edgarton Stronghold.

Should I make a little trip to the Edgarton Stronghold and pay him a visit? Nie Yan mused, recalling the previous bet he made with Shadow Killer.

Crazy Magic and Divine Flame's lives were far too calm and easy these days. Those two could do with a bit more excitement and danger.

In all of Asskickers United, perhaps only five people could sneak into the Edgarton Stronghold without being noticed: Sun, King of the World, One Strike Vow, Hapless Frog, and of course Nie Yan.

Nie Yan pondered for a moment. Should he bring King of the World, Sun, and the other two as well? With more people, more could be accomplished. Thinking to this point, he got in touch with the other four.

You guys interested in making a trip to the Edgarton Stronghold with me?

Sun immediately became excited. Nie Yan was going to take action against Alliance of Mages. How could he possibly miss out on the action?

Big Bro, count me in!

King of the World was more cool-headed. The Edgarton Stronghold was completely different from the Victorious Return strongholds they infiltrated in the past. On top of the tight security, more than 200,000 players passed through the stronghold every day. Evading that many eyes wouldn't be easy.

I think only a few of us should go. Too many people will make it easier for us to be discovered,」King of the World voiced his concerns.

It'll only be the five of us,」Nie Yan replied.「I don't think it'll be an issue for us to infiltrate the Edgarton Stronghold. Even if we're discovered, assuming we're not so unlucky as to get locked down by Shackles of Strife, we can always escape with Unknown Transfer Scrolls.

Who's your target?」King of the World asked. He assumed Nie Yan wanted to assassinate someone.

Shadow Killer, Crazy Magic, and Divine Flame. Any one of them will do.」Regardless of which one was assassinated, it would be an explosive piece of news.

Shadow Killer, Crazy Magic, or Divine Flame, none of them were simple targets. However, Nie Yan had a plan. This operation would be difficult to pull off relying on conventional means, but he was a master at thinking outside the box!

After all, Nie Yan was once an assassin himself! Some real life assassination methods could also be implemented by using the tools inside the game.

Since you already have a goal in mind, count me in too,」King of the World agreed. He couldn't be missing from this kind of activity anyway. He was still Nie Yan's bodyguard, even if his master didn't need his protection inside the game.