Chapter 445 - Sleeping Beauty

Nie Yan examined the stats of the upgraded Silk Spinner Ring.

Silk Spinner Ring (Silver): Special

Item Description: Shoot out a sticky web line with a range of 10 meters. Supports a maximum load of 300 lbs.Cooldown: 10 seconds.

Weight: 1 lb

Restrictions: None

Its range doubled from 5 meters to 10 meters, its maximum load increased from 200 lbs to 300 lbs, and its cooldown was cut in half from 20 seconds to 10 seconds. Since not long after the start of the game, this ring had always been by his side, helping him avoid countless dangers and saving his life who knew how many times.

The lower the starting point of a special item, the higher the upgrade potential. For example, the Silk Spinner Ring went from Bronze to Silver-grade and could be upgraded even further to Gold and Dark Gold-grade.

Nie Yan couldn't help but wonder what the properties would be like at higher grades. After all, the greater the range and maximum load the better. But the Silver-grade Silk Spinner Ring would do for now.

Following the same procedure, Nie Yan upgraded the four other special items.

Crawler Ring (Silver): Special

Item Description: Grants the ability to stick to walls, trees, and other similar surfaces for up to 15 minutes. Cooldown: 30 minutes.

Weight: 1 lb

Restrictions: None

The Crawler Ring's duration had increased by 5 minutes. Its cooldown was also cut in half from an hour to 30 minutes.

The Leaper Ring, Pearl of Disguise, and Necklace of Deception couldn't rank up any further since they were already Dark Gold-grade. However, they still saw noticeable improvements.

The Leaper Ring's range was increased from 10 meters to 30 meters, its cooldown was reduced from 10 minutes to 5 minutes, and it could now be used in combat. As for the Pearl of Disguise and Necklace of Deception, their durations were increased from 30 minutes and 3 hours to 1 hour and 5 hours respectively. However, their cooldowns remained the same at 1 day.

These three special items were fully maxed out now. Even though they couldn't be upgraded any, they'd still play a vital role in his future growth.

Nie Yan accepted his five special items back. Paget would now borrow Pandora's Box to create a necklace for his deceased wife.

Paget took out a red, a blue gem, a green gem, and a dull-looking silver necklace.

He placed these four items into Pandora's Box and started the crafting process.

After a flash of light, a rainbow-coloured necklace emerged from Pandora's Box.

Nie Yan examined the newly created necklace. It was called Necklace of Paget's Deceased Wife, a powerful Legendary item. It increased the rank of the Jewelcrafting skill by one.

Paget put on this necklace, increasing his Jewelcrafter rank from Master to Grandmaster.

Nie Yan never expected Paget to use his Pandora's Box to create something so amazing. If he had known earlier, he would've allowed Paget to make the necklace first. Thankfully, the upgrade attempts on the five special items were all successful. Else he would have wasted a Brilliant Gem for every failure.

"It was rumoured that by combining an Azure Fantasy Sapphire, Scarlet Blaze Ruby, Life Emerald, and Magic Silver Necklace inside Pandora's Box, an incredible necklace capable of fulfilling one's desire can be crafted. For the sake of helping me become a Grandmaster Jewelcrafter, my wife, Alaine, braved through countless perils to obtain these four items. It's unfortunate that she's already departed this world. I pray her soul found peace in heaven..."