Chapter 504 - Magic Runestones

It didn't matter how powerful a player was, opposing a guild alone was impossible. Howling Wind was a prime example of this.

Nie Yan established Asskickers United precisely so he didn't have to fight alone.

Nie Yan had and would continue to sacrifice blood, sweat, and tears to put Asskickers United on the right track. It was his backing for opposing the Century Financial Group. At least in this life he was no longer fighting a one-man war.

Even if a fellow like Howling Wind couldn't be recruited, he could still become a powerful ally against Angel Corps. This was a genius among geniuses, an absolute peak talent. Of the dazzling figures that had appeared in the history of Conviction, he ranked among the top five.

By collecting information on Howling Wind now, he would be better prepared for when they met in the future.

After returning to Calore, Nie Yan dealt with some guild matters while stocking up on consumables for his next power levelling session. He also casually browsed the Union of Assassins. The request he put up for Magic Crystals and Radiant Crystals was more than half-complete. He currently had 16 Magic Crystals and 20 Radiant Crystals.

Nie Yan needed in total 20 Magic Crystals, 30 Radiant Crystals, 2 Life Crystals, and 1 Power Crystal to hatch the Darkwing Dragon.

The only thing Nie Yan had trouble finding right now were the Life Crystals. He could only keep looking.

With more than 50,000 professional players in its ranks, the Union of Assassins was growing ever larger. It was currently generating approximately 60,000 gold a day for Nie Yan. This formidable money-making machine was already in full swing.

The clientele base had grown considerably as well. There were already seven Marquises, whose lavish habits even left Nie Yan speechless, each having spent in the excess of 50,000 gold.

Be it a power levelling session or help clearing a high level dungeon, the people who requested these services were definitely extremely wealthy in real life.

Nie Yan suddenly had a bright idea. He should find some time to set up a gathering for Father Nie to expand his network of contacts. This would be extremely beneficial for World Bloc.

Glancing at the Union of Assassin's leaderboards, Nie Yan recognized many familiar names. Those in the top 30 in particular were all quite famous in the previous timeline. As professional players, they generally didn't involve themselves with the behind-the-scenes struggles of financial groups, or affiliate themselves with any particular guild. However, if something came up, one could always request their services on the mission boards. As long as the reward was attractive enough, they would accept. In this way, Asskickers United could make use of their strength.

Nie Yan brought a huge heap of Death Wave Scrolls and Magic Bombs with him to go power levelling in the wilderness. After grinding Level 90 Spiny Lizards non-stop for two days straight, he finally reached Level 80. He returned to Calore and deposited the equipment he collected into the guild treasury. Afterwards, he met up with Tang Yao for a second round of treasure hunting. His harvest this time around, though fruitful, couldn't compare to last time.

After sorting through all the loot, Nie Yan went to pick up the 3,000 javelins he previously requested to be enchanted. Then with his Javelin Launcher in hand, he prepared to set off.

As Nie Yan headed for the transfer area, a red wall on the side of the street caught his eye. He halted his footsteps. This was the famous Wall of Echoes. Anything a player said to the wall would be bounced back at them.

An NPC called Clemmy the Wise stood beside the Wall of Echoes. After listing five old tales, he would ask the player to guess the Legendary Items associated with each of them. As long as you got three out of the five correct, you would trigger a quest to collect Magic Runestones.