Chapter 416 - Empress Finas' Venom Sac

Nie Yan glanced at Lil' Gold's stats and discovered he had only lost seven points of loyalty. Since Lil' Gold had never died until now, his loyalty was quite high. So, dying once or twice wouldn't have that much of an impact.

Even though Lil' Gold had lured the Rock Giant Stargazers away, he couldn't keep their attention for long, maybe half-a-minute to a minute at most. He was simply not their match at his current level.

Nie Yan rushed up the Sacrificial Star Platform. His heart raced, knowing Empress Finas' Venom Sac was almost within reach.

Paladin Rennes has died.

The Wolf Golems caught up to Renness and ripped her to shreds before she could even reach the 30-meter mark.

On the other side, the Rock Giant Stargazers caught up to Lil' Gold after 60 meters. They waved their staffs as a powerful force enveloped him.

Strangling Shadows!

Shadowy tendrils shot up from the ground and wrapped around Lil' Gold, rendering him immobile.

Lil' Gold let out a miserable cry as the frightening power of the shadows crushed him to death.

Nie Yan was only steps away from Empress Finas' Venom Sac when the three Rock Giant Stargazers, sensing something, turned around and discovered him. They waved their staffs as a cryptic chant flowed out of their mouths.

Howl of Terror!

A powerful sound wave swept out from the Rock Giant Stargazers. Nie Yan was about to be struck by the Howl of Terror, when he activated Adjudicator of God in the nick of time.

Miss!

Adjudicator of God granted Magic Immunity!

Several curses also fell on Nie Yan. If it weren't for Adjudicator of God, the Howl of Terror and curses would've stopped him dead in his tracks.

Nie Yan pounced forward and snatched away Empress Finas' Venom Sac. He immediately felt a stinging sensation in his palm. It was filled with potent poison, like the eye and fang!

Nie Yan's skin rapidly turned a pale shade of green. He quickly removed the poison with the Detoxifying Marble, then tossed Empress Finas' Venom Sac into his bag.

At this moment, the three Rock Giant Stargazers rushed up and smashed down on Nie Yan with their staffs.

Nie Yan smirked as he crushed the Unknown Transfer Scroll in his hand.

「Crash!」The staffs passed through the phantom image of Nie Yan and smashed into the floor of the Sacrificial Star Platform. He had already teleported away.

A moment later, Nie Yan's figure appeared in a patch of forest a thousand meters away from the ravine.

I'm safe... Nie Yan breathed out a sigh of relief. He hid in a nook beside a nearby tree and quietly waited for the Dark Portal to come back off cooldown.

Nie Yan used this time to examine Empress Finas' Venom Sac.

Empress Finas' Venom Sac (Quest Item): Occult Item

Description: Inflict 30% of the owner's attack power as a deadly poison that deals continuous damage over 30 seconds.

Nie Yan had finally obtained three Occult Items, fulfilling the conditions required to use the Occult Talisman.

He checked his quest window.

Quest Progress: Search for the Occult Talisman - Arachne Empress Finas.

Another Occult Talisman? And this one seemed to be for summoning Arachne Empress Finas! Sadly, Nie Yan would have to put off the search for another day. After all, he still hadn't even used the Molelord Occult Talisman.