Chapter 523 - Mysterious Shadow Priest

Wind Serpents were a type of flying mount. At present, the flying mount leaderboard already had three entries. The Netherthunder Eagle was rank one, a White Maned Griffon was rank two, and the Wind Serpent was rank three. Among all flying mounts, Wind Serpents were a fairly weak species. Their physical attacks were rather lackluster. However, they had a powerful secret weapon, and that was their highly potent poison. They could shoot it to deal lethal damage. So, their combat strength was still fairly high.

That said, any flying mount was an invincible existence to ordinary players.

A Shadow Priest was riding on top of the Wind Serpent. He was wearing a black cloak which completely hid his appearance.

The entrance of the Wind Serpent was too sudden. Both Tang Yao and Crazy Magic were caught off guard. The Wind Serpent's rider clearly didn't belong to Alliance of Mages or Asskickers United!

Countless experts existed inside Conviction. Even Nie Yan didn't dare to claim he was unrivalled. After reincarnating, he had used the experiences of his past life to raise the strength of his guild as much as possible. A top player from Asskickers United could easily face off against three or more top players from Alliance of Mages or Divine Protectors. This was already extremely impressive. However, as for the number of hidden experts, or the number of players that didn't reveal their name on the level leaderboards, that was hard to say.

This Shadow Priest had popped out of nowhere. Any power that could obtain a flying mount at this stage of the game certainly wasn't ordinary.

Hey, how strong are Wind Serpents?」Tang Yao whispered Nie Yan. Information related to various flying mounts was fairly limited online. Other than the name, he was clueless on Wind Serpents.

You encountered a Wind Serpent?」Nie Yan asked in surprise.

Yeah, why...?

If you've encountered a Wind Serpent, blast it with lightning, then get the hell away. Whatever you do, don't get hit by its poison!」Nie Yan warned. Even though Wind Serpents were fairly low rank flying mounts, their poison was extremely frightening. If the Netherthunder Eagle was hit, it would suffer at least moderate injuries.

Nie Yan had learned from Guo Huai that Asskickers United's forces hunting demon beasts around the Hilton Stronghold had suffered ambushes en masse. His heart was extremely anxious. He paused his levelling and hurriedly rushed to the battlefield of the main expedition team with Xie Yao. His Faulkner Warhorse had recently died, so he couldn't summon it right now. He could only go there by foot. At this moment, he all the more realized his need for a flying mount. He definitely had to hatch the Darkwing Dragon as soon as possible!

Ordinary flying mounts were trash compared to the Darkwing Dragon. Furthermore, his mobility would significantly increase, which made rescuing guildmates in trouble much more convenient.

After hearing Nie Yan's words, Tang Yao's heart trembled. Seeing the Wind Serpent chasing after him, he hurriedly had the Netherthunder Eagle fly to the side.

The Wind Serpent's actions were clearly hostile.

"Screeeh!" The Netherthunder Eagle shot lightning at the Wind Serpent.

The Shadow Priest immediately had the Wind Serpent perform a roll midair, dodging the lightning.

Seeing the Netherthunder Eagle take action against the Wind Serpent, Crazy Magic ecstatically cried out in the voice chat,「That Wind Serpent is our ally! Everyone, shoot the Netherthunder Eagle down! Thieves, throw your hatchets!

Tang Yao was about to flee, when dozens of throwing hatchets came flying at him.

The hatchets were fast approaching. Seeing Tang Yao in a hard spot, the Shadow Priest had long since maneuvered the Wind Serpent to block off his escape path.