Chapter 590 - Another Piece of the Tyrant Abak Set?

Xia Tianyu, Fei Zhe, and Xu Yan stuck closely to Nie Yan. Even though everyone treated each other equally as friends, his words started holding more sway and authority in the group.

After the fight, everyone went back to class. The school dispatched people to investigate before leaving. Nie Yan didn't get into any trouble while Zheng Xu was definitely going to receive disciplinary action.

Though one person was missing in class, no one felt anything was off. Everything went on as usual. The only difference was that people would now think twice before provoking Nie Yan.

...

Xiao Yu sat in a conference room in the Top Military Academy. He received a video from one of his contacts in the command faculty.

Heavenly Kings was only composed of 26 members, but they had countless contacts on the outside. Their influence reached every corner of the Top Military Academy. Nothing could go on here without them knowing.

After watching the video on his smartphone, Xiao Yu broke out in a cold sweat. Nie Yan was much stronger than he imagined. Last time, he simply showed he had a solid foundation with his high physical specs. That didn't necessarily mean he was a strong fighter though. Fighting skills were something that could only be honed through combat experience. First and second years generally focused on improving their physique. Only after becoming third or fourth years would they start honing their fighting skills. After a year of intense training, everyone would start to see results. People with high specs like Nie Yan, for instance, would grow several times stronger.

Xiao Yu initially believed Nie Yan's fighting skills couldn't be that great since he was only a first year. However, after watching the video, this notion fell like a brick through thin ice. Nie Yan showcased the skill of a seasoned fighter. His attacks were ruthless and decisive. It resembled the style taught in the military. Xiao Yu estimated Lei Su would have less than a 30% chance of winning against Nie Yan if the two fought.

A freak like Nie Yan was simply too rare. If he possessed that kind of strength as a first year, how much stronger would he become in the future?

"Lei Su will definitely be interested in this video." Xiao Yu faintly smiled. He relished the idea of someone giving Lei Su a taste of his own medicine.

At this moment, the door to the conference room swung open. Lei Su walked in while cracking his knuckles. He was looking at Xiao Yu like a trapped rat.

"Xiao Yu, you know what I'm here for, right?" Lei Su coldly snorted.

"Lei Su, speak of the devil! I have something for you to watch. You'll definitely be interested." Xiao Yu chuckled awkwardly.

"Stop trying to weasel your way out of this. I don't care what you want to show me. Hand over those recordings, or else... hehe, you know the consequences."

"Sure, sure, no problem. I'll hand over all the recordings to you later. First, watch this." Xiao Yu tossed over the smartphone to Lei Su.

Lei Su reached out and caught the smartphone. He was actually curious about what Xiao Yu wanted to show him so badly. As the video started playing, he couldn't shift his eyes away. "Oh man! Did you research his background? Is he an assassin, a mercenary maybe?"

"Yeah, I've already researched his past. The data says he doesn't have that kind of experience. His dad is a veteran and probably passed on a few things to him. However, his old man didn't even pass the bare minimum requirements for entering the Top Military Academy. Oh, one other thing. He has several dangerous individuals around him. You ever heard of Bayonet?"