Chapter 415 - Star Shrines

Nie Yan wondered if these Rock Giant Stargazers could be lured away from the Sacrificial Star Platform like those seven Rock Giant Hunters guarding the entrance to the ravine earlier. Were that to be the case, he would have to sacrifice Lil' Gold this time since he had already used Divine Recruitment. Although the loyalty lost would take a long time to recover, it'd be worth it if he could obtain Empress Finas' Venom Sac.

Nie Yan retreated out of the open space to a secluded area about 300 meters away and summoned Lil' Gold. He started making his preparations.

Nie Yan entered stealth and returned to the open space. He circled around to the north of the Sacrificial Star Platform, then ordered Lil' Gold to approach from the south.

Before long, Lil' Gold caught the attention of the three Rock Giant Stargazers. All of them turned to focus on him.

Nie Yan cautiously approached the platform. He was waiting for Lil' Gold to lure away the Rock Giant Stargazers, so he could run up and snatch away Empress Finas' Venom Sac.

Lil' Gold breathed out scorching hot flames at the Rock Giant Stargazers, only to see a dark membrane of light envelop their bodies at the last moment.「Bang!」The Dragon Breath collided with the Dark Barriers and exploded into embers which quickly faded into the sky.

The flames couldn't even touch the Rock Giant Stargazers' robes.

Nie Yan hurriedly ordered Lil' Gold to flee.

Contrary to Nie Yan's expectations, the Rock Giant Stargazers didn't leave the platform. They waved their staffs and summoned three Wolf Golems. Standing over two meters tall with massive builds, they immediately pounced after Lil' Gold, who was much slower than them. After all, they were Level 100 summons!

Lil' Gold barely made it about 400 meters before the Wolf Golems caught up and clawed him to shreds.

Nie Yan winced at the tragic fate that befell his pet. Lil' Gold wasn't a match for these Level 100 Wolf Golems.

Your pet Lil' Gold has died.

Nie Yan was just about to rush up the platform when he halted his steps. Slowly, he backed away. His plan had gone up in smoke after failing to lure the Rock Giant Stargazers away from the altar.

Nie Yan paced back and forth at the outskirts of the Sacrificial Star Platform, trying to come up with a suitable plan. But nothing came to mind. He could only wait until the next day for some of his key skills to come off cooldown.

Nie Yan found a safe corner in the ravine and logged off.

Wondering how Asskickers United was holding up without him, Nie Yan called up Guo Huai. Since Guo Huai also had a game capsule, they could talk while he was still in game.

Guo Huai sent over a few videos to Nie Yan, who played them on his cellphone while being briefed on the situation.

It appeared the war was already in full swing. After surrounding the Blackstone Stronghold, Bloodlust Blades had set up their three Armoured Catapults, which launched glowing red-hot iron balls weighing almost 30 lbs into the sky. They flew several hundred meters and crashed into the outer walls. A few even landed inside the stronghold and exploded into crowds of people, killing dozens of players in an instant and transforming them into rays of light.

Asskickers United had suffered heavy losses after launching several raids in an attempt to destroy the three Armoured Catapults. The elites dispatched by Angel Corps from the Stareen Empire had placed down all sorts of obstructions outside the Blackstone Stronghold, Caltrops from the Demon Hunters and Thunderstorm Mines from the Elemental Shamans. The Thunderstorm Mines in particular were spread out quite extensively, dotting the ground in a 500-meter radius. Any player unlucky enough to get too close would be annihilated by an explosion of lightning energy that covered a five-meter radius.