Chapter 550 - Targets Sighted

The Thief Nie Yan had set his sights on happened to pass closeby on his way into the wilderness.

Seeing the Thief's figure fading in the distance, Nie Yan activated the Doppelganger Necklace. His appearance started rapidly changing, his nose becoming flatter, pockmarks appearing on his face, and his cheeks caving in somewhat. He looked almost exactly like the Thief, save for some minor details.

The Doppelganger Necklace had a fatal flaw. If you encountered someone familiar with the target, chances were high the ruse would be seen though.

Nie Yan planned to use the Doppelganger Necklace to sneak in. As for how King of the World and the others would get in, he didn't know. But this kind of problem shouldn't be too difficult for them. If worse came to worst, they could just wait until the number of people around the gate decreased somewhat.

After stealing the appearance of that Thief, Nie Yan put on a black cloak to hide his equipment.

Finished with his preparations, Nie Yan stepped out into the open and headed for the gate.

Players were coming and going from the entrance. They simply gave Nie Yan a glance before continuing on with their business. No one went up to greet him.

It appeared that Thief's social status wasn't that great. However, this worked out in Nie Yan's favour. It was best if everybody ignored him.

Nie Yan passed by a group of players. Noticing their conversation was about Asskickers United, he halted his steps and eavesdropped.

"Asskickers United is right at our doorstep. Who do you think will win, us or them?"

"I think we'll win. We have close to 800,000 players in total. Asskickers United only has about 400,000, right? Not to mention Moonlight City is our territory," an Elementalist said. He was a faithful supporter of Alliance of Mages.

"I'm afraid we'll lose. Just look back at the siege of the Cripps Stronghold. Asskickers United was still pretty weak at that time. Bloodlust Blades, Alliance of Mages, Divine Protectors, and Angel Corps all brought out their elites. We even had catapults while Asskickers United didn't. Everyone said Bloodlust Blades was going to win. Yet what was the result? We don't even have to look that far back into the past. How about more recently with the battle in the Realm of Death? How much did we spend to hire all those experts? Yet we barely managed to take out a tenth of the enemy's forces while our side was completely wiped out. I'm sure we aren't any weaker. I really don't know what those higher-ups are thinking," a Warrior said. He seemed somewhat dissatisfied with the leadership of the guild.

"Hush, I think it's best not to talk about this in the open. Let's hurry up and leave."

The group of players departed.

Nie Yan passed by many players from Alliance of Mages. Looking on the other side of the gate, he was greeted by a flourishing city. Both sides of the street were lined with shops. It was even more bustling than the Cripps Stronghold. He had no choice but to recognize Crazy Magic's skills at enriching this place's economy.

"I wonder how Crazy Magic would react if he found out that I was here...?" Nie Yan muttered to himself.

Suddenly, a voice came from behind. "Pockmark, wait up!"

Nie Yan's heart trembled.

"Pockmark, didn't you just leave with the team? Why did you come back?" a sturdy looking Warrior asked.

Nie Yan gazed at the Warrior's puzzled expression, then calmly replied, "I forgot to get some consumables, so I rushed back to pick them up."

Afterterwards, Nie Yan no longer paid any heed to the Warrior and continued walking on inside.