Chapter 412 - Legendary Necromancer Nadago

The Era of Shared Governance, a splendid age that gave birth to countless dazzling talents who would go on to become legendary figures. But within the constant strife, many ultimately failed to escape the hands of fate and became nothing more than sunken bones in the river of time. Those who survived to the modern day could be counted on a single hand.

Of the people Nie Yan had met, Karsi counted as one, War God Kelo as well, and now this NPC before him too.

The general rule of thumb was the longer-lived the more powerful. The level of might these undying existences had reached wasn't something ordinary NPCs could ever hope to attain.

Since Nie Yan had been discovered, he no longer had any reason to stay hidden. He dispelled his stealth and tried to walk over to an empty corner in the room, only to feel a powerful force pushing him back. There was a protective barrier here!

Nie Yan suddenly saw numerous incorporeal chains stretching out from the walls binding the NPC to this room.

The chains were invisible yet extremely strong.

Nie Yan carefully looked over the undead NPC with Transcendent Insight.

Necromancer Nadago (Legendary): Level 260
Health: ???/???

Nie Yan couldn't see the NPC's health and other stats. Nadago's level was somewhat lower than that of Kelowitz. He evidently still hadn't reached the realm of a god.

The Legendary staff fragment Nie Yan picked up from that Leshen earlier probably belonged to this very person!

Bennett's soul trembled restlessly, as if it had sensed something.

The pair of flames in Nadago's eye sockets pulsed in surprise. "So, it's the soul of that Molelord. I actually have something on here that might interest you." He took out a black talisman with a myriad of profound charms drawn on it.

Bennett's soul shone brilliantly in resonance with the talisman, lighting up the entire stone room.

Nie Yan was convinced the black talisman had some sort of connection with Bennett's Soul. Why else would it guide him here?

Nadago grinned mysteriously with a rattle of his jaw. "This is an Occult Talisman. It allows you to summon a powerful Molelord from a pocket dimension. However, the summon will just be an empty vessel. If you let this Molelord's soul merge with it, it'll become an unstoppable behemoth that can rampage across the battlefield!"

Nadago's eerie cackle sent shivers down Nie Yan's spine. It was as if he knew Nie Yan would be interested in this talisman, like a fisherman throwing out his bait.

"Can I see it?" Nie Yan finally asked after a long moment of hesitation.

To Nie Yan's surprise, Nadago didn't refuse. Instead, he nodded in agreement. "Sure."

With a wave of Nadago's fingerbone, the talisman slowly floated over to Nie Yan.

Nie Yan accepted the talisman and examined its properties.

Occult Talisman (Legendary): Special Item

Description: Summon a Level 100 Molelord with 2,000,000 health for 3 hours. Cooldown: 60 days.

What a terrifying item!

60 days! In both his lifetimes playing Conviction and browsing its forums, Nie Yan had never even heard of something with such a ridiculously long cooldown. Perhaps only an SSS-grade quest could reward such an absurd item.

At this stage of the game, a Level 100 Molelord could absolutely steamroll over any player occupied stronghold.

Nie Yan's eyes flashed with greed. He wanted this Occult Talisman for himself. Since Nadago was an NPC from the Evil Faction, stealing from him wouldn't be considered a crime.