Chapter 526 - Setting Up the Date of the War

Nie Yan and Xie Yao stepped into Christine's Potion Shop. At the same time, Crazy Magic turned around and gazed in their direction.

Crazy Magic was accompanied by a dozen players, all of whom were elites in Alliance of Mages.

Nie Yan and Crazy Magic met eyes. The atmosphere inside the shop instantly grew tense as the smell of gunpowder filled the air.

Sensing something off, the unaffiliated patrons hastily retreated off to the side.

"Isn't that Nirvana Flame?"

"I think so. That other guy is Crazy Magic, the guild leader of Alliance of Mages."

"I heard Alliance of Mages and Asskickers United have been butting heads a lot recently."

"Yeah. They're sworn enemies. I wonder what's going to happen. Didn't they only just fight each other?"

The players whispered amongst themselves. Alliance of Mages and Asskickers United, neither were existences that could be provoked by the likes of them.

At this moment, an elderly NPC in luxurious gray robes rushed out to the front. He was slim with white hair and beard and had a dignified air about him.

The players were puzzled. Why did he come out?

This old man was Christine. He was the owner of this potion shop. All the potions used by the NPCs of the Hilton Stronghold were supplied by him, making him a relatively well known character within the Stronghold. He also held the lofty title of Earl. Most players never got the opportunity to meet him, since he rarely showed himself in the store. And even fewer had the opportunity to buy potions from him, since he only sold to players with a high status. Only a lucky few could buy rare and precious potions from him.

In the past, several players had continuously bothered Christine in an attempt to do business with him. One of them had even attained the title of Baron. In a fit of rage, Christine called the guards and had them all locked up in the dungeon for almost a week. A lesson was learned that day. From then on, players inwardly vowed to never provoke Christine.

Meeting Christine wasn't easy. This opportunity definitely couldn't be missed. Of the players present, several who had some status tidied up their clothes and prepared to meet him. Perhaps they could obtain a few potions. However, Christine paid them no heed as he headed straight for Nie Yan.

"It's an honour to meet you, Grand Scholar, no, Saint Nirvana Flame!" Christine respectfully greeted.

Christine dropped a bomb with his words. Everyone was staring at Nie Yan in shock, including Crazy Magic who felt like tremors were going off in his heart.

Grand Scholar, Saint, just what kind of titles were these?

None of them had ever heard of either of these two titles before, but they immediately understood they were of an incredibly high rank. The system of hierarchy in Conviction was ironclad. If even an earl like Christine was so respectful to Nie Yan, one could imagine what kind of existence he was in the Hilton Stronghold.

Crazy Magic clenched his fists as he felt a suffocating pressure on his chest. He had guessed that Nie Yan's status in the Hilton Stronghold was extremely high previously in the administrative hall. Although he was also the leader of a top guild in the Viridian Empire, the difference between the two of them was too great.

No other guild leader could be like Nie Yan and truly become the very backbone of their guild. It was precisely Nie Yan's existence that created the undefeated legend of Asskickers United.

In the previous ambush, did Asskickers United really lose? Alliance of Mages and Divine Protectors had suffered just over four times the casualties to take out only 1,200 players from Asskickers United. This kind of result could hardly be called a victory.