Chapter 540 - Chaining Traps!

Seeing all his team members teleport away, Nie Yan recalled Lil' Gold. He entered stealth before dashing off. Even if he didn't use an Unknown Transfer Scroll, no one could stop him from escaping!

Only a short moment after Nie Yan and the others departed, Crazy Magic, Raven, and the others arrived on the scene. The surroundings were in disarray. Alliance of Mages' forces were routed. Crazy Magic's eyes twitched in anger. So many elites had been slaughtered just like that. Dropping five levels and three pieces of equipment, he felt like his heart was bleeding out.

"What were the casualties on our side?" Crazy Magic asked.

"Over 200 dead. Adding all the previous losses, our casualties have already surpassed 500," Maple Sky replied. The final battle hadn't even started, and they had already lost one sixth of their forces. If Asskickers United's advantage grew any larger, they might as well just give up.

Raven knitted his brows. "Just a moment ago, Nirvana Flame appeared with his Golden Dragon. Didn't you say he was still back at the castle?"

"Perhaps the information was wrong. However, my people had clearly seen him at the castle five minutes ago. Even if he rushed over here at top speed, it would still take at least 15 minutes. Don't tell me it was teleportation...?" Crazy Magic's heart trembled.

Raven nodded. This was definitely a possibility! He guessed they used something like a Group Transfer Scroll to teleport over. The Alliance of Mages players' hearts sunk. Asskickers United's ambush had gone off without a hitch. There was no telling if or when they would try again. If something like this happened a few more times, by the time they reached Asskickers United's castle, they would lack the manpower to even fight them head-on!

While Crazy Magic was figuring out a way to deal with Asskickers United, the Thieves deployed by Alliance of Mages had already arrived at Asskickers United's castle.

The 30 top Thieves split into six squads. Each relied on their own skill to approach the castle as they prepared to stir up trouble for Asskickers United's players. According to the information provided by Crazy Magic, the area around the castle was booby-trapped. Groups of players in twos and threes leisurely sat on the open space outside the castle. Their vigilance was quite low.

The top Thieves couldn't help but feel Asskickers United was overestimating themselves if they thought a few traps could stop them. However, what happened next seemed like something out of a nightmare.

When five Thieves happened to pass through a patch of thickets, a brilliant light radiated out from between the trees.

Of these five Thieves, three were from Alliance of Mages, one from Divine Protectors, and one from Bloodfiends. The three from Alliance of Mages were fairly familiar with each other. The Divine Protectors Thief felt a bit isolated. As for the Bloodfiends Thief, he was cold and detached, caring for no one but himself.

This Thief was precisely Underworld, one of the five Thieves from Bloodfiends who had ambushed Nie Yan previously. He moved forward while maintaining contact with the other four.

「Since Asskickers United dared to ambush Alliance of Mages, they definitely have countermeasures in place. Crazy Magic probably has a leak somewhere. Everyone, be careful,」Underworld warned his compatriots. He coldly looked at the four Thieves up ahead, and purposefully lagged a good distance behind.

Seeing the three Alliance of Mages Thieves chatting and laughing merrily, the Divine Protectors Thief coldly snorted and walked over toward a nearby path. This path was covered in thick shrubbery.

As he pushed aside a branch with his hand, he suddenly felt something off. Looking towards the distance, he spotted an arrow trap installed on a nearby tree. A thin thread was stretched taught across the shrubbery below his feet.