Chapter 475 - Treasury Quest

With the Hundred Thieves tracking Shadow Killer, Nie Yan could carry out his assassination at any time. As for what sort of method he would use, that would depend on the situation.

By winning the bet Nie Yan could have Shadow Killer assassinate three people for him. A few faces already came to mind.

Shadow Killer came looking for you?」Guo Huai asked. Nie Yan wouldn't tell him to track Shadow Killer for no reason. They had probably fought again.

I was almost killed by him,」Nie Yan replied. Their battle had really been a close call. Fortunately, he had activated Death Immunity in the nick of time. Else if he was a step slower, he would be a cold corpse on the floor.

Guo Huai's eyes widened in shock, sinking into silence. After a while, he said in a resolute tone,「We need to deal with Shadow Killer once and for all!」He knew Nie Yan's death would be a heavy blow to Asskickers United's morale. He couldn't be allowed to die, at least not until the guild grew stronger. His undefeated legend was vital to them. For this very same reason, other guilds spared no effort in trying to kill him.

Nie Yan informed Guo Huai of his bet with Shadow Killer.

Guo Huai pondered for a moment.「That's good. Even relying on all our informants across the Viridian Empire, keeping track of Shadow Killer won't be easy. Don't worry, though. Leave it to me. You have to be careful as well. Many guilds are eyeing you right now, specifically God Executioner Sword from Moonlight City. They've been getting restless lately!

God Executioner Sword...? Nie Yan suddenly recalled something.「Ignore them. Let them run wild for a bit longer. We'll deal with our own growth first.

Nie Yan and Guo Huai chatted for a bit longer before hanging up. He prepared to continue on with his quest, leading the four Demonsmiths and Lil' Gold deeper into the hall.

Hiding behind a corner, Blazing and Sky Felled had witnessed the battle between Shadow Killer and Nie Yan. The whole exchange seemed fleeting, lasting only a short five seconds. But whether it was Nie Yan or Shadow Killer, both were existences they could never hope to reach. Shadow Killer's ambush which practically reached the pinnacle of speed left a deep impression on them. If it were them, they would've never been able to pull off something like that. Shadow Killer's assassination skills had reached the utmost perfection.

In the instant Shadow Killer took action, Blazing and Sky Felled believed Nie Yan was done for. If Shadow Killer had succeeded in assassinating Nie Yan, that one strike would've become an instant classic. But against all expectations, the battle took a completely different turn. Nie Yan used a unique and practically suicidal method to get himself out of danger.

After the battle, Blazing and Sky Felled kept replaying the video over and over again until they understood everything that happened. Their hearts were filled with immense shock. Shadow Killer's opener was breathtaking. The skill displayed absolutely rivalled that of top experts. This was the mark of a true assassin! Meanwhile, Nie Yan's response was practically inhuman.

Nie Yan somehow managed to react with Death Immunity despite the speed at which Shadow Killer ambushed him. Just what kind of freak was he?

Even if Blazing and Sky Felled trained for another 10 years, they still might not necessarily reach Nie Yan's caliber. The two of them were thoroughly convinced of their inferiority.

Several minutes later, a video of Nie Yan slaughtering the more than 30 Thieves from Alliance of Mages and Divine Protectors-along with his clash against Shadow Killer-was making its rounds on the forums.

The video left many players speechless. It was an absolutely sublime exchange, a confrontation between two peak experts. Even though the fight lasted only a short few seconds, it was watched countless times on repeat, leaving a deep impression that lingered in the collective mind of the playerbase. The strength of Nie Yan and Shadow Killer was on clear display.