Chapter 34: Squashed.

y'all are clowns 🤡🤡 lmao. thats all i can say. 

Today was the day of the fireworks display, it was also the last day of the school festival, and what were you doing you may ask? Well... "Obaasan, I want taiyaki." Rui spoke out as he tugs on your shirt, at this point you were used to this brat calling you obaasan. Brother the tarantula on the other hand was just vibing on the top of your head. 

At this point, you weren't babysitting one child, you were babysitting two. You didn't mind though, both of them are adorable. You soon grabbed a Taiyaki and gave it to Rui. He let out a satisfied as he takes a bite of his taiyaki, "Your favorite seems to be the taiyaki now huh." You commented and let out a giggle. 

Akaza soon walked up to the both of you, you raised an eyebrow, "Y/n, I know you have duties to go to, I'll take care of Rui, you should do them now." Akaza spoke out, "Oh! Right! I need to take care of the fireworks display!" You suddenly remembered. 

You were about to stand up but Rui gripped on your shirt, you looked at him, "No, other members can take care of it you should stay with me." He suggested, "I can't Rui, besides don't you want to see fireworks?" You asked, he scowls, "I have no need for that, I see it every year especially on my birthdays." he simply replied. 

"...Besides don't go, I umm.... I.... I won't call you obaasan anymore, I'll call you oneechan!" He says, you let out a chuckle and ruffled his hair, "Tempting offer Rui but I can't," He was about to open his mouth but you cut him off, "No Rui, you can't come with me." You added, he pouts, "Well how come he can???" He points at Brother. 

"Well... He's my buddy." You simply replied, Brother twerks in victory, Rui scowls. "Don't forget where you came from!" He pointed at the tarantula that was obviously teasing him for not being able to come with you. 

"Well, you should go now, I'll take care of him." Akaza says, you nodded, "Don't worry Rui, it'll be quick." You reassured him. "It better be." He says and crosses his arms, and soon you left. 

-Time Skip-

You looked around to look for the people you have given the task to take the fireworks at the back of the school, you soon noticed them on the crowd and approached them, "Hey! Are the fireworks at the back of the school?" You asked them, "Yea, someone actually suggested to help so I guess they would've gotten it there by now." he replied while his friend stared at the tarantula on your head. "Thanks." You simply replied and soon left. 

As you were heading to the back of the school, a familiar voice called for you, "Y/n!" she spoke out, you turned around to see Sara. "Where are you headed?" She added, "Oh, At the back of the school, I'm going to get the fireworks ready." you replied, "Really? Then let me help you." she suggested. "Are you sure?? I mean maybe you have some tasks." You replied, "Don't worry, Its my free time." she replied, you only nodded.

Both of you chatted as you head there, as soon and both of you were at the back of the school, you let out a confused expression. "What? Why are they not here?" You commented and looked around, "Well maybe that because I threw all those fireworks away." Sara simply commented. 

"What?? Ugh Sara now is not the time for jokes." You rolled your eyes and kept looking for the fireworks. "I'm not joking though. I really did throw them away." She replied in a serious tone, you stopped everything you were doing and slowly turned to her, "What? Why the hell would you do that?" You asked, confused. 

"Because you wouldn't do anything I wanted you to do!" She yelled, "What the fuck are you even- Wait... Is it connected to you suggesting that I should date my friends...?" You asked, "It was so perfect... My plan was so perfect... If you dated them, I would've gone behind your back and try to seduce them and take them away from you." She let out a small sigh. 

You felt... betrayed and heartbroken, but what emotion was really taking a toll on you now was rage. 

"You... backstabbing bitch." You commented, "Minikui even approached me to take you down, but I refused, I had other plans..." She spoke out, "You know I really think we could've been best friends... But too bad fate says otherwise." She added, you clenched your fists. 

"Besides, don't you remember? I hate when things don't go my way." She spoke out, it was the last straw, you ran up to her and slapped her, you pulled her hair, she also pulled your hair. "You fucking bitch! I trusted you!" You cried out, "If you weren't so stubborn this wouldn't have happened!" She yelled and soon pushed you away. 

(all my homies, the sarah/sara's don't claim her)

You were about to jump on her but you noticed that brother tarantula was on her arm, you let out a smirk. "This is just the begi- OOWW!" She shrieked as the tarantula bit her. She then grabbed him and threw him to the ground and stomped on him. 

Your breath hitched, your focus wasn't on Sara now, but was on Brother. " This is your punishment Y/n." She spoke out and soon walked away, you quickly ran up to Brother and slowly picked him up, you didn't want to chase after Sara, your buddy was more important than her. 

"I.. I... B-Brother..." You stuttered as tears started to roll down your cheek, you examined him on your palm, your heart dropped as soon as you noticed that he wasn't moving

-Meanwhile-
-Rengoku's POV-

"Have you seen Y/n?" I asked a student, he shook his head, "No, but I did see her go outside." He replied, I nodded and replied with a 'Thanks'."What? Is there something you need her for?" He asked, "Yeah... There's something I needed to tell her." I replied and soon left. 

Something I needed to tell her... I wanted to confess. I thought these feelings would disappear but they only got stronger and stronger. I soon went outside, it was crowded and it was hard to look around for her. Was she at the back of the school? Preparing for the fireworks display?

 There, I found her! She was at the back of the school! "Y/n! I have..." My voice trails off as I see her on the ground, her palms holding a tarantula. My heart dropped as soon as I saw her hurt facial expression, as if she was still processing what had just happened to her.

 I grit my teeth as I quickly ran up to her. "Y/n! What happened??" I spoke out,I noticed small tears run down her cheek, I brushed away her hair and wiped away her tears. "I... I... My buddy..." She spoke out, clutching the tarantula and holding it close to her chest, I pulled her into a hug, I didn't care if I got wet from her tears or snot.

 All I wanted to do was be there for her. What could've happened...? 

 -2nd Person POV- 

Rengoku was pissed, no, enraged. To think someone had dared to hurt you! All he could do now was be here for you, he wanted to confess but... It looked like it would have to go for a pause. He promised to himself that he would hunt down whoever hurt you! You wouldn't have to worry anymore! Besides, he just wants to have a conversation with the person who hurt you...

... Definitely not planning to torture them and murder them and hide their body somewhere that no one could ever find... 

 'Looks like I'll have to get rid of people who want to hurt you before I could tell you my feelings...' Rengoku thought, 'Either way, I don't mind. I'll do anything to protect the one I love.'