31. Home is Ahead

"My apologies," he said. "But I need to have a word with Harry, Hermione, Dioleh, and Andre." Looking back, Dioleh saw that Andre was sitting up. "Cornelius, Severus, Poppy, please leave us." Begrudgingly, they each left and Andre got to his feet. He instantly went over to Imani who was still passed out.

As Harry and Hermione opened their mouths to speak, Dumbledore cut them off, holding up his hand to silence them as he said, "I implore you to listen, there isn't much time." They each shut up, but while Dioleh moved over to him, Andre was still by Imani's side. When Dumbledore started talking again, he came over. After telling them exactly where Sirius was and giving them some cryptic information, he said, "And now, while those two are doing that, there is something I need the two of you to do." Glancing at Harry and Hermione, he said, "Go ahead and go."

Once they had gone, Dumbledore turning back to the other two. "Once they have come back and Fudge and Severus are gone, I need the two of you to destroy the charm in the Shrieking Shack."

"How did you-" Dioleh began.

"Sirius told me everything," he explained, his eyes twinkling. "I have known for a long while, he just confirmed my suspicions." Andre reddened slightly under his bruises.

"But we can't touch it," Dioleh said, stating the obvious. "It will curse us and I don't think we can call on our ancestors again after so little time."

"You don't have to touch it," he explained. "You see, to destroy it, you need to overpower it with the very thing it is trying to destroy. Siren magic."

"But-" Andre began.

"No, Andre, we can do it," Dioleh said, thinking hard. "I'll explain later." He frowned but nodded. Dumbledore nodded and headed for the door. The moment he left, Hermione and Harry ran through it. Smirking, Dioleh asked quietly, "So, how was time travel?"

"We did it," Harry whispered. "We saved Sirius." Dioleh smiled.

"I'm glad," she said.

Before they could talk more, Madam Pomfrey appeared, demanding sarcastically, "Did I hear the Headmaster leaving? Am I allowed to look after my patients now?" She forced them all back into their beds and began practically force-feeding them chocolate. After eating two pieces of chocolate, Dioleh started to drift off to sleep until she was startled awake by a voice yelling.

"THIS HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH POTTER!" It was Snape. The door burst open with a crash. Striding toward Harry, Snape thundered, "OUT WITH IT POTTER! WHAT DID YOU DO?!" Dioleh was distracted by Imani waking up. She tuned out their conversation as she nudged Andre.

"Imani," he said, rushing over to her. Dioleh smirked, following behind him to her best friend.

"Hey," Dioleh said, moving a piece of hair out of her face. "How do you feel?"

"How do I feel?" she repeated. "How do you feel? You're the one that was dead!"

"Shh," Andre hissed, glancing to make sure Snape's temper tantrum was drowning out their conversation.

"I'm so happy to see you," Imani said, sitting up to hug Dioleh. Dioleh smiled, hugging her back. "I was so worried."

"You saved my life," Dioleh said. Glancing at Andre, she added, "Both of you. Thank you."

"What did Ebony and Julio always say?" Imani said, looking between the two of them as she pulled away from Dioleh.

"We stick together, no matter what," Andre replied. Suddenly, someone behind them cleared their throat. Dioleh turned, seeing Dumbledore.

"It's time," he said. "I have taken the liberty of fetching it for you." Holding up the little charm for them to see, Dumbledore placed it on the ground between the two rows of beds. Harry, Ron, and Hermione looked at it in surprise. Glancing at each other, Andre and Dioleh stood. Imani got up too. They stood in a circle around it, casting each other worried looks as they each drew in deep breaths.