108. Conspiracy

Nothing in the castle settled until almost four in the morning when Andre and Terry finally decided to go back to their Common Room. The four Slytherins went into their Common Room to see that Theodore Nott, Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy Parkinson were all awake and seemed to also be deep in conversation. Spotting the others, Nott remarked, "Out late, aren't you?" Without responding, they moved past to go to their dorms.

⥖✦✧⦽✧✦⥗

Everyone was rather sombre during breakfast and as Umbridge passed between the house tables to go to Dumbledore's large chair that she had claimed, there was a general muttering and casting of glares. Dioleh could tell she was growing frustrated by the looks and she seemed to get out her frustration by quickly docking points from several students. Before she could reach them, Dioleh quickly switched spots with Imani so she was no longer next to Draco. Frowning in displeasure, she snapped, "Those earrings are ridiculous, Ms Kanumba. We don't ask you here to look like a whore. Twenty points from Slytherin." Imani fingered her silver hoops in confusion as Umbridge stormed away.

"Hello racism," Draco muttered snappishly as Andre glared at the woman, debating in his mind whether or not to go after her.

"She was just grasping at something to punish us for," Dioleh snapped angrily. "I'm so sorry, Imani."

"I've heard worse," Imani said meekly.

"Try going to America," Andre said bitterly, still glaring at Umbridge. Dioleh shuttered at the thought.

"Look, we just need to get through this one last exam and then this is all over," Blaise said. "And hopefully she ends up gone somewhere that we'll never have to see her again."

"I sure hope so," Dioleh said irritably.

⥖✦✧⦽✧✦⥗

As none of them were studying for the History of Magic examination, they enjoyed a relaxing few hours in the hideout before they were forced again into the Great Hall for the exam. They each took their seats near one another. When Dioleh was about halfway through her exam, a sudden agonized yell startled her. Glancing over, she saw that Harry had fallen out of his chair and had just woken with a start. Professor Tofty quickly rushed over and soon Harry had walked out of the room and Professor Tofty collected his paper.

Brows furrowed, Dioleh raised her hand to turn in her exam. The moment she had permission, Dioleh left the room and rushed after Harry. She came across him just as he rushed back out of the Hospital Wing. "Come with me," he said, quickly rushing past her. He quickly found Ron and Hermione and started rushing into an empty classroom.

"Voldemort's got Sirius," Harry explained quickly.

"What?!" they cried.

"How do you-" Ron began.

"Saw it," Harry explained urgently. "Just now. When I fell asleep during the exam."

"But - but where?" Hermione stuttered. "How?"

"I don't know how," Harry retorted. "But I know exactly where. There's a room in the Department of Mysteries full of shelves of these little glass orbs and they're at the end of row number ninety-seven. He's trying to use Sirius to get one of them! He's torturing him and says he'll end by killing him!" Harry was shaking so badly he had to sit down to calm himself even slightly. "How're we going to get there?"

"G-Get there?" Ron stuttered.

"Go to the Department of Mysteries so we can rescue Sirius!" Harry cried as though it was obvious.

"But...Harry," Ron stuttered.

"What? What?" he cried before his gaze fixed on Dioleh. Rushing over to her, he cried, "You broke in! You can help! How did you get there?"

"Flying motorcycles," Dioleh said hesitantly.

"You're both crazy," Hermione said.

"What's crazy about trying to save Sirius?" Harry retorted.

"But, how are you sure it's real?" Hermione replied.

"How could I not be?!" Harry cried indignantly. "I saw him! We need to get to the Department of Mysteries, so we can rescue Sirius."

"But - Harry," Ron said weakly.

"What? What?" Harry snapped.

"Harry," Hermione said cautiously. "How...how did Voldemort get into the Ministry of Magic without anybody realizing he was there?"

"How am I supposed to know!" Harry shouted.

"Harry, what if Voldemort kind of...made you see this," Hermione suggested. "It may not be as clear as you think."

"WHAT'S NOT CLEAR ABOUT THIS?!" Harry shouted angrily. "I'M TRYING TO SAVE SIRIUS!"

"Hi," Ginny greeted uncertainly, slipping into the room with Luna, Blaise, Draco, Andre, and Imani. "We recognized Harry's voice - what are you yelling about?"

"Never you mind," Harry retorted snappishly.

"There's no need to take that tone with me," Ginny retorted coolly. "I was only wondering whether I could help."

"Well you can't," Harry said shortly.

"You're being rather rude, you know," Luna said serenely.

"Harry," Hermione said quietly, cutting off whatever Harry was about to shoot back angrily. "Listen, we need to establish whether he really has left headquarters-"

"I've told you, I saw-" Harry began in a hushed whisper.

"Harry, I'm begging you, please!" Hermione retorted desperately.

"It's too much of a risk that he's just tricking you," Dioleh said. "Go on, Hermione."

"Let's just check that he isn't at home before we go charging off to London - if we find out he's not there then I swear I won't try and stop you, I'll come, I'll d-do whatever it takes to try and save him."

"He's being tortured now!" Harry shouted.

"And what if he isn't!" Dioleh shouted.

"Fine," he huffed, crossing his arms over his chest. "How're we going to check?"

"We'll have to use Umbridge's fire and see if we can contact him," Hermione said. "We'll draw Umbridge away again, but we'll need lookouts, and that's where we can use all of them."

"We'll do it," Ginny replied.

"And we need Blaise if we're going to try and get through the Department of Mysteries," Dioleh added.

"Sweet," Blaise said with a grin. "I'm down to break in again."

"First we need to break into Umbridge's office," Hermione said severely.

"All right," Harry said. "What's our plan?"