46. The Duel

Imani and Andre were in the library doing research about the Black Lake so they might be able to help Harry better. Seeing as they were elsewhere, Dioleh took the time to hang out with Draco on the castle grounds. "The first task is going to be interesting," Dioleh said, sitting down next to Draco by the lake. "Who do you think will win?"

Draco shrugged, replying, "No idea. We can't really guess if we don't know what it is."

"True," Dioleh said. "But Harry thinks well on his feet. I can't see it going that badly for him. Doesn't mean he'll win though."

"Yeah, he seems to get out of everything," Draco said, staring out at the lake as he thought. Dioleh lay her head back against the tree behind them, enjoying the heat of the sun with a content smile on her face.

"Malfoy!" Nott shouted, storming forward. Dioleh's head shot up. Processing who was strutting toward them, she rolled her eyes.

Disinterested, Draco replied, "What, Nott?"

"I don't know what's gotten into you recently, but I'm tired of it," Theodore snapped. "Ever since this bitch started manipulating you, you've been a total arse, Malfoy!"

"Call Dioleh that again and I will end you," Draco said in a voice of forced calm.

Letting out a harsh breath, Theodore scoffed, "As if you could."

"Want to test that theory?" Draco asked with a raised brow.

"Fine," Nott snapped. "How about tomorrow, while everyone's out of the castle?"

"Fine," Draco replied dismissively, not looking at him.

"See you then," Nott replied. When he realized Draco was done talking to him, he left. Getting up, Draco grabbed his stuff.

"Where're you going?" Dioleh asked, also getting up.

"To talk to Blaise," Draco replied. "If I'm going to duel Nott I need a second."

"A duel, really?" Dioleh said, casting Draco a disparaging look.

"Dioleh, he's been harassing you for weeks," Draco countered, stopping to face her. "He's been asking for it."

"Fine, but I'm coming," Dioleh insisted.

"Dioleh-" Draco began. She raised her eyebrows at him, daring him to contradict her. With a sigh, he remarked, "You're not going to let me talk you out of this are you?"

"Nope," Dioleh said instantly.

Not bothering to keep a small smile from his face, he said, "You're very stubborn, you know that?"

Raising an eyebrow, she replied, "Got a problem with it?" Smiling slightly wider, he headed into the castle without answering.

⥖✦✧⦽✧✦⥗

The castle was deadly silent as Dioleh, Blaise, and Draco walked into the Slytherin Common Room, where Theodore had chosen to have their duel. The eerie silence caused small sounds, like the blood rushing in their ears, to become deafening. Crabbe and Goyle were waiting with him, standing on either side of the couch he was lounged on. The sight reminded Dioleh rather unpleasantly of the siren dictator that had taken over the French Tribe when she and her father lived there. He had always stayed on his rock, lounged back with the sun hitting him fully and two other sirens on either side, constantly attending him and serving him shrimp or seaweed, whatever he was in the mood for. With a cocky grin, Theodore sat up, facing the three newcomers.

"Brought your little fanclub?" Dioleh said, clicking her tongue. "Sorry, lapdogs."

"It's both, love," Draco said, although she could tell by his tone he wasn't as ready to joke and tease as he had been that day before potions.

"Alright, duel to disarm only," Blaise said. Dioleh, Blaise, Crabbe, and Goyle moved out of the way as Theodore got to his feet to face Malfoy. They faced each other before each giving a stiff bow, neither taking their eyes off one another. Then, before Dioleh could wonder who would attack first, Theodore waved his wand, shooting a magical arrow at Draco, who easily blocked it with a careless flick of his wand and a muttered spell.

They began to circle one another as Draco drawled, "That the best you got?"

"Nope," Nott replied. The minor spells being shot back and forth didn't have Dioleh worried until Nott shouted, "Crucio!" Draco fell to the ground, letting out an agonized groan. Theodore paled, clearly not expecting it to work. Draco got back up, raising his wand with an angry glint in his eye, but before anything more could happen, the portrait hole opened. Looking over in surprise, Dioleh saw Snape.

"Follow me," he ordered, leaving the room. Everyone shared scared glances before doing as he said. In his office, Snape whipped around to face them, ordering, "Explain yourselves." Draco, Nott, and Blaise all began speaking at once, but Snape snapped, "Silence. Ms. Granger. Explain."

Glancing at Draco, she began, a little uncertainly, "Well, Nott has been antagonizing us."

"So I've gathered," Snape drawled emotionlessly. "This is the second time in a week I have caught the two of you duelling."

"Professor, it's not my fault he's being a bloody idiot!" Theodore shouted. Draco scoffed. Rounding on him, Nott shouted, "It's true! You're being manipulated by this psycho bitch!"

"That's enough, Mr. Nott," Snape interrupted, his voice raised and his brows furrowed as he glared over at Theodore.

"It's true!" Nott shouted, getting to his feet. "Ever since he started hanging around her, he's completely changed! How am I the only one that's seeing this? He stood up for Potter! Bloody Harry Potter because of her!"

"Enough, Mr. Nott," Snape repeated, his tone even more severe than before. "Detention, both of you. As for you other four, best hope I don't find you involved in something like this again. You are dismissed."