121. O.W.L.s and Aging

Once Dioleh had disappeared out the door, Harry asked, "What exactly is happening between her and Draco right now? I thought they were dating."

"I have no clue what's happening either," Hermione admitted. "All I know is that he hasn't reached out to her at all. She's really worried about him. Also..." Hermione broke off a moment before admitting, "I accidentally saw a letter Blaise sent her. He said he hasn't heard from Draco at all either. But he saw him."

"Where?" Ron asked.

"I don't remember, but he was with Crabbe, Goyle, and Theodore Nott," Hermione explained.

"Sweet Merlin," Ron sighed. "I thought he was finally all right."

"So did I," Harry admitted. "How's Dioleh taking it?"

"Not well," Hermione said sympathetically. "She hasn't been sleeping well. She's just so worried about everyone. Julio and Ebony had to go on the run with their son. They're in South America now. And despite what she says about Andre and Imani, they're not completely safe either. If he knows their connection to Dioleh, they could be in danger too. And now Blaise is at risk too. I think it's just a lot on her right now."

"She'll be fine," Ron assured. "This is Dioleh we're talking about. She's probably the strongest of all of us."

"Yeah," Hermione said with a smile. "She can get through anything. And honestly, she seems okay. Just a little down. She's started taking melatonin to sleep and it's been helping a lot. It's just when she's really stressed that she can't sleep. I'm not that worried about her."

"Yeah, it's just weird to see her like this," Harry admitted. "She's usually the one making everyone laugh and smile with her snarky remarks."

"She'll get there when everything settles down," Hermione replied. "She'll be okay."

⥖✦✧⦽✧✦⥗

Down in the kitchen, Dioleh set her plate in the sink and quickly began rapidly conversing with Fleur in French to distract her from talking to Ginny. Soon, however, Harry, Ron, and Hermione rushed down and began anxiously pacing around. Breaking off her conversation with Fleur, Dioleh asked, "What's up, guys?"

"O.W.L. results," Harry explained.

"Oh yeah," Dioleh said with a small frown. They had to wait about ten minutes before the letters arrived and Dioleh quickly grabbed onto hers and opened it.

Astronomy (O)
Arithmancy (O)
Charms (O)
Defence Against the Dark Arts (O)
Herbology (O)
History of Magic (P)
Potions (O)
Study of Ancient Runes (O)
Transfiguration (O)

"Nice," Dioleh said.

"Only failed Divination and History of Magic, and who cares about them?" Ron said excitedly, turning to Harry. "Here, swap."

Dioleh approached Hermione. "Knew you'd be top at Defence Against the Dark Arts," Ron said excitedly.

"How'd you do, Hermione?"

"Not bad," she said quietly, scanning over her results again.

"Oh, come off it," Ron said, swiping her results. "Yup. Nine Outstandings and one Exceeds Expectations." Handing Hermione hers back, Ron asked, "How about you, Dioleh?"

"I did fine," she replied, quickly folding her results so Ron couldn't read over her shoulder.

"Well, we're N.E.W.T. students now!" Ron cried excitedly. "Mum, are there any more sausages?" After they had all gushed about their scores enough, Ron suggested, "Anyone up for Quidditch?"

"Sure," Dioleh replied.

"You used to play, didn't you, Dioleh?" Harry asked.

"I did," she admitted. "I quit because I didn't like the Slytherin tactics. Back in third year."

"Alright, who all wants to play?" Ron asked.

"I'll play," Ginny said.

"Me too," Harry added. They went out into the orchard with their brooms with Hermione staying on the ground and reading a book as the four of them played against each other with Ginny and Ron on one team and Harry and Dioleh on another.

They spent the next several weeks until the school year started playing Quidditch together and trying to not allow the constant stream of stories about disappearance and deaths to completely damper the mood. However, on the first of July, Dioleh awoke to find Hermione and Ginny already awake. After getting dressed, Dioleh went downstairs to find several people grouped around the table waiting for her.

"Happy birthday!" they chorused. Dioleh smiled, covering her mouth with her hands in surprise.

"Oh my god," she exclaimed. "Thank you! Guys, you really didn't have to."

"Of course we did," Hermione said, hugging her. "Happy birthday, baby sister."

"I'm only ten months younger than you," Dioleh retorted, shoving her playfully. Mrs. Weasley embraced her next and directed her attention to the pile of presents on the table. Reaching for the first one, Dioleh opened it to find it was a huge bundle of fuzzy socks and chocolate inside of a new cauldron from Hermione. "Aw, thank you, Hermione," Dioleh said, giving her sister another hug. Pulling the next one towards her, she opened it to discover Harry had given her a large book full of defensive spells. "Thanks, Harry," Dioleh said with a smile.

The next gift she could tell was from Blaise. He had given her a series of books about advanced potion-making. The Weasleys had given her magical scarves that extended to be as long as she wanted or needed them to be. "Thanks, guys, this is really cool," she said, testing out the silken scarf.

"I figured you could use them to protect your hair while you sleep," Mrs. Weasley explained.

"Yes, thank you," Dioleh replied, setting them aside in the new cauldron. The last one was from Andre and Imani who had given her a pair of earrings and a sweater. With a wide smile, she said, "Thank you all of you. These are great gifts."

"No problem," Harry said with a grin.