128. Through Another's Eyes

As the week progressed, Potions quickly became Dioleh's favourite class for although Harry showed up everyone, including Hermione, every lesson, his results were always followed up next by Dioleh. For the first time in class, she wasn't exactly following the instructions and instead spent more time experimenting. Although this ended badly once or twice, it usually yielded extremely good results to the point where once Slughorn warned Harry that he had decent competition for the spot of best student.

However, the morning of their first weekend, Dioleh woke early after an uneasy night and decided to head down to the hideout. As she was crossing the grounds, however, she noticed a familiar figure walking towards Hogsmeade. "Professor Dumbledore?" Dioleh called in surprise.

Turning, he spotted her and greeted, "Dioleh. A little early, isn't it?"

Dioleh shrugged, admitting, "I didn't sleep well. I was going to go try to rest in the water." Suddenly, Dumbledore's eyes widened. Changing directions, he headed down to the hideout entrance, Dioleh following behind him, her brows furrowed. Much more gracefully than Dioleh would have expected, Dumbledore jumped down into the hideout and moved out of the way for her to follow. From his pocket, he withdrew the same ring he had shown her before.

"Try to use the power again but this time in the water," Dumbledore suggested. Dioleh took the ring from him before sinking back into the warmth of the water. She settled a few feet below and closed her eyes. Instantly, her vision was flooded with light the water had not yielded.

"I don't have time for this, Wormtail!" a cold, cruel voice snapped. "Go and attend to our prisoner." Dioleh gasped, opening her eyes and dropping the ring. Forcefully, she pushed herself up and above the surface, gasping harshly for breath.

"That ring belongs to Voldemort?" she cried, looking at Dumbledore in shock.

"Yes," he admitted. "What did you see?"

"A room," Dioleh replied. "Not one I recognized. Voldemort was ordering someone named Wormtail to look after a prisoner."

"Retrieve the ring," he requested. Dioleh went down for it but when she came back up, Dumbledore was a little ways off, digging around in a pocket. When she handed it to him, he quickly laced the long chain through it and said, "Keep this ring with you and use it to keep an eye on Voldemort. If you hear anything important, please let me know."

"I will," Dioleh promised, taking the chain and clasping it around her neck.

"No one can know you have it," Dumbledore said sternly.

"Why?" Dioleh asked with a frown.

Dumbledore hesitated a moment before explaining, "Because of what I suspect it to be." Before she had a chance to ask any questions, he disappeared out of the hideout.

⥖✦✧⦽✧✦⥗

Blaise awoke to find he was the last one to wake, unusual for a Saturday morning. There was only silence in the room. Sitting up, Blaise began to get out of bed before he froze. A small noise had caught his attention. Leaning forward slightly, Blaise spotted Draco crouched over his trunk. Blaise released a silent breath before getting to his feet. "Malfoy," Blaise said stiffly.

"Oh, you're talking to me now," Draco snapped irritably.

"Oh, sorry for not conversing much with the person who left one of my only friends in tears, forgive me," Blaise snapped back. Draco froze. Although Blaise could not see it, his expression was taut with emotion.

Clearing his throat, Draco replied, "She shouldn't have expected so much from me."

"Is that the excuse you're using," Blaise retorted snappishly. Letting out a frustrated breath, Blaise opened his trunk and dug out clothes for the day. Finally, he said, "You know as well as I do she never tried to control you."

"No, she just pressured me into being a good person," Draco replied, forcing his tone to harshness as he continued digging around in his trunk, his face turned away from his former best friend. Blaise scoffed, rolling his eyes and sending a glare in Draco's direction.

"Right," Blaise huffed. Now changed, he grabbed his things and stormed away towards the door. Down in the Common Room, he spotted Imani sitting by the fire and working through one of the many essays they had already been assigned. "Hey, Imani," he said, stopping by her chair. "Andre and I were going to work in the library. You want to join?"

"Yeah, just give me one second," Imani replied, her brows furrowed in concentration as she scanned through the last paragraph of her essay. Finally putting it away, she asked, "Where's Dio?"

"No idea," Blaise replied. "I just got up." After Imani had packed up her stuff, the two headed off towards the library. They found Andre sitting in a corner working on a Transfiguration essay. "Hey," Blaise said, setting down his bag and taking a seat.

"Hey," Andre replied, not looking up. Imani sat next to Andre and got out her work. Glancing up, he asked, "Have any of you finished the Transfiguration essay yet?"

"Yeah," Imani said. "Why?"

"I just don't quite understand the Principle of Modern Transfiguration and why I should care," he admitted.

Handing over her essay, Imani said, "Paragraph three."

"Thanks," he said, beginning to scan through it. The door to the library opened and Dioleh rushed towards them, her eyes wide.

As she took her seat, Blaise asked concernedly, "What's up?"

"I think I just discovered another one of my powers," she explained in a quiet voice.

"Really?" Imani replied, her eyes wide. "What is it?"

"I don't really know how to explain it," Dioleh admitted. "But basically, if I'm holding a personal object of someone's, I can see through their eyes and hear what they hear."

"That's not creepy at all," Blaise said sarcastically. "So just, at any time you could just nick some of our stuff and spy on us?"

"Not quite," Dioleh admitted. "It has to be something deeply important to you or to have some kind of personal connection to you. And I can only do it under water."

"Huh," Andre said curiously. They could all tell he was deep in thought.

"Actually, I have a lot I need to tell you all," Dioleh admitted. "Meet me in the hideout later."

"What time?" Imani asked.

"I don't know. How about two," Dioleh suggested.