138. Motionless

After Dioleh had showered and changed, she returned to the Hospital Wing to find that Blaise, Andre, and Imani were still sitting by Draco's side. As she approached, she asked, "Has he woken up yet?"

"No," Imani replied, interlacing her fingers with Andre's as Dioleh took a seat by Blaise.

⥖✦✧⦽✧✦⥗

Three days later, Dioleh and Blaise were still sitting by Draco's side. He was slowly recovering but had yet to wake. As they were sitting there, a low groan suddenly reached their ears. Dioleh's eyes instantly flickered over to Draco. His eyes had fluttered open and he was attempting to sit up. "Lay down," Blaise said. Draco seemed almost to freeze at the sound of his voice, his eyes wide. After a moment's hesitation, Draco lay back down before glancing cautiously over at the two of them.

"What're you doing here?" he asked finally in a low, gruff voice.

"How do you feel?" Dioleh asked tentatively, ignoring his question. He flinched at the sound of her voice and closed his eyes again.

"Please go," he said, attempting to make his tone sound harsh. Despite this, both Dioleh and Blaise could tell he didn't mean a single sylable. His voice broke halfway through.

"No," Blaise said firmly. Draco opened his eyes, giving Blaise a surprised look. "We've had enough. You're going to explain what the hell has been going on with you all year. This isn't like you. Something is obviously going on and instead of talking to any of us, you pushed us away. So explain. Now."

"Fine," he said bitterly. "I got sick of you." Blaise scoffed.

"Come on, Dio, if he won't try and help himself, there's no reason for us to try as well," Blaise said irritably. Getting to her feet, Dioleh cast one last look at Draco, who was avoiding her gaze.

Finally, she said, "This is your last chance, Draco. Talk to us." Not a sound left his lips. After a few minutes had passed, Dioleh sighed and turned away. The moment the door clanged shut behind them, Dioleh let out a sob. Instantly, Blaise wrapped his arms around her and Dioleh began crying into his chest. It was a few moments before she realized that Blaise was also crying. They held on tightly to each other as tears streamed down their cheeks.

⥖✦✧⦽✧✦⥗

Later that month, Dioleh was heading for the hideout when she suddenly heard a shout from Hermione who was rushing down the hall toward her. "Hermione, what's wrong?" Dioleh asked.

"We need your help," Hermione explained. "Get Blaise, Andre, and Imani."

"Okay," Dioleh said in confusion. "I'll be right back then."

"Meet us at the Room of Requirment," Hermione said.

"Okay," Dioleh said. Breaking into a run, she rushed down to the kitchens and went through the secret passageway. Emerging from the water, she clammered out, explaining, "We need to go. Hermione needs us."

"Where?" Andre asked.

"Room of Requirment," Dioleh explained. "But come on. We need to hurry." Diving back into the water, she headed back to the school with Andre and Imani following behind as Blaise climbed out of the hideout.

Just as they reached the seventh floor corridor, the door burst open. Dioleh just had time to recognize Draco before he threw something in the air and all around them was thrown into darkness. "Come on," Andre's voice said loudly. "We need to get out of the corridor." Neville, Ginny, Ron, Blaise, Dioleh, Imani, and Andre finally got out into the light and rushed towards the corridor below the Astronomy Tower entrance to find several Order members fighting a group of Death Eaters as Draco rushed up the stairway.

Instantly, spells were shooting in their direction and each raised their wands and began shouting spells. Dioleh paled as she realized one of the Death Eaters was stepping towards her. With an angry yell, she shouted, "Stupefy!" The man laughed, lazily blocking the spell with a simple flick of his wand.

"That the best you can do?" he cackled. "Avada Kedavra!" Without a second thought, Dioleh dove out of the way, causing the spell to instead hit the pillar behind her. She had just gotten back to her feet when a strong pair of arms grabbed her by the waist, pinning her arms to her sides and lifting her off the ground. Instinctively, she let out a scream of protest, furiously fighting as hard as she could as she was carried up the stairs and into the Astronomy Tower with a group of Death Eaters following behind.

"Let me go!" Dioleh screamed, attempting to kick the man holding her as they entered the tower. Draco glanced over, suddenly paler than before. Dumbledore was leaning weakly against the railing behind him.

"Dumbledore cornered!" one of the Death Eaters called gleefully. "Dumbledore wandless! Dumbledore alone! Well done, Draco, well done!"

"Good evening, Amycus," Dumbledore greeted calmly. "And you've brought Alecto too. Charming."

"Think you're little joke'll help you on your deathbed then?" Alecto sneered.

"Jokes?" Dumbledore replied. "No, no, these are manners."

"Do it," a deep-voiced man snapped. Dioleh realized with a start that it was the one holding her in place. His voice was not only deep but harsh and guttural-sounding. It made the hairs on her neck stand on end.

"Is that you, Fenrir?" Dumbledore said. Dioleh was still struggling against him but he didn't seem affected by it in the slightest.

"That's right," he drawled arrogantly. "Pleased to see me, are you, Dumbledore?"

"No, I cannot say that I am," Dumbledore admitted.

"But you know how much I like kids," Fenrir said. Dioleh's skin crawled and she had to try very hard not to gag. The more time she spent clutched in his grip, the more she realized just how pungent the stinch of sweat, dirt, and, most revoltingly, blood was from him.

"Let me go!" she screamed again and for the first time, there was real desperation in her tone. Draco averted his gaze.

"I must say, I'm a little shocked Draco invited you, of all people, into the school where his friends live," Dumbledore remarked.

"I didn't," Draco said in nothing more than a whisper. "I didn't know he was going to come."

"I wouldn't want to miss a trip to Hogwarts," Fenrir said, a slight growl to his tone. "Not when there are throats to be ripped out. I could do you and the siren for afters." Dioleh felt as though she had been dunked into an icy pool as her eyes snapped to Draco.

In a voice barely above a whisper, he said, "Carrie." A tear fell down Dioleh's cheek and she stopped fighting against Greyback.

"No," another Death Eater snapped. "We've got orders. Draco's got to do it. Now, Draco, and quickly." From behind them, there was a sudden banging noise and another figure appeared. Instantly, all hope Dioleh had of getting out of this was lost as she recognized the hooked nose and greasy hair of Severus Snape.

"We've got a problem, Snape," Amycus said irritably. "The boy doesn't seem able to-"

"Severus," Dumbledore said weakly. Snape pushed to the front, facing Dumbledore. "Severus, please," Dumbledore said again, his voice breaking.

After a moment's pause, Snape raised his wand and said emotionlessly, "Avada Kedavra." Dioleh let out a shocked cry as Dumbledore was flung back off the tower by the force of the spell. She choked on a sob struggling to fall as she began screaming, kicking and wiggling vigorously as her grief overcame her.

She was struggling so furiously that Fenrir cried out, "Kill her before she gets loose!"

"Can you at least do that part of your mission?" another of the Death Eaters spat, glaring at Draco. But he was shaking so badly that without a thought, Snape raised his wand against Dioleh. Tears were streaming down her cheeks as she looked him in the eye, breathing heavily. Wordlessly, he shot a spell at her. Dioleh seemed to watch in slow motion as the flash of green light sped towards her. She drew in a harsh gasp, flinching as it came nearer and nearer. The moment the spell hit her, Dioleh fell to the ground, completely motionless.