171. Bound Freedom

Harry stepped forward, his eyes fixed on Voldemort as he called, "I don't want anyone to try to help. It's got to be like this. It's got to be me."

"Potter doesn't mean that," Voldemort snarled. "That isn't how he works, is it? Who are you going to use as a shield today, Potter?"

"Nobody," Harry replied calmly. "There are no more Horcruxes. It's just you and me. Neither can live while the other survives, and one of us is about to leave for good."

"One of us?" Voldemort cackled gleefully. "You think it will be you, do you, the boy who has survived by accident, and because Dumbledore was pulling the strings?"

"You won't be killing anyone else tonight," Harry said firmly. "You don't learn from your mistakes, do you, Riddle?"

"You dare-" Voldemort screeched.

"Yes, I dare," Harry snapped. "I know things you don't, Tom. Because Dumbledore's last plan hasn't backfired on me at all. It's backfired on you, Riddle. That wand still isn't working properly for you because you murdered the wrong person. Severus Snape was never the true master of the Elder Wand. He never defeated Voldemort."

"He killed-" Voldemort began angrily.

"Aren't you listening?" Harry shouted. "Snape never beat Dumbledore! Dumbledore's death was planned between them! Dumbledore intended to die undefeated, the wand's last true master! If all had gone as planned, the wand's power would have died with him, because it had never been won from him!"

"It's power is mine!" Voldemort shouted.

"The wand recognized a new master before Dumbledore died!" Harry shouted. "Someone who never even lay a hand on it! The new master removed the wand from Dumbledore against his will, never realizing exactly what he had done, or that the world's most dangerous wand had given him his allegiance."

"The master of the Elder Wand was Draco Malfoy," Harry shouted. Several eyes turned to Draco who had paled drastically.

After getting over his shock, Voldemort retorted, "But what does it matter? After I kill you, I can kill him just the same."

"But you're too late," Draco cried, his mind working quickly. "My wand is no longer loyal to me."

"Draco was overpowered weeks ago," Harry said. Holding up his wand, he said, "I took this wand from him." After a short pause, he remarked, "So, if that wand in your hand knows its last master was disarmed, then I am the master of the Elder Wand." Then, just as the sun rose, both raised their wands.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!"

"EXPELLIARMUS!"

The moment the wand beams hit, Voldemort's wand flew in the air. The next moment, Voldemort fell dead to the ground. There was a stunned silence until finally, a cheer rose up. Dioleh began to cry again as she turned to Draco. Catching her in his arms, Draco buried his head in her hair and spun her around. Pulling away, he cupped her cheeks and kissed her. Dioleh kissed back, pulling him closer by the lapels of his jacket. Pulling away, Draco lay his forehead against hers, wiping away her happy tears. From the crowd emerged two people with long blond hair and Draco instantly looked over, detaching himself from Dioleh.

"Draco, I'm so sorry," Narcissa cried. She was sobbing and looked as though she wanted nothing more than to embrace him but did not know how he would react. Letting out a small sigh, Draco wrapped his arms around her and held her as she cried.

"I'm sorry, Draco," Lucius said.

"I know, Dad," Draco said, pulling away from his mother to embrace him.

"Draco! Dioleh!" a voice cried. Turning, they spotted Andre, Imani, and Blaise rushing towards them. They each embraced each other excitedly as the celebration around them grew. Each felt for the first time since the war began that everything was going to be all right. Joy consumed them.

Amidst the cheers and joy, there was a sudden banging shout and several aurors appeared. They scanned the room, their eyes narrowed before their eyes latched on their group of seven. Rushing forward, the one at the front said, "Lucius, Narcissa, and Draco Malfoy, Dioleh Granger, Blaise Zabini, Andre Rodriguez, and Imani Kanumba, you are all under arrest."

"What for?" Blaise shouted, fighting against them as his wrists were bound behind his back. Andre was fighting to get to Imani as Draco turned his wide eyes to Dioleh who wasn't fighting against them. Mournfully, she lowered her head as she was forced out along with the rest.

"What's happening?" Hermione cried, rushing after them.

"Get out of the way!" the auror shouted, rounding on her.

"Dioleh!" Hermione shouted. Dioleh turned back just as they were led out the door to see Harry come down a staircase and see them, his brows furrowed.