59. Switching the Script

Dioleh was still on the weak side when it was time to leave the following day. Imani had packed up her stuff for her and brought her a change of clothes. After changing into a white tank-top, blue jeans, and a grey sweater, Dioleh threw her old clothes in the trunk and began to make her way out of the hospital wing with Hermione's help.

"Wait," Dioleh said, looking back. Letting go of her sister, Dioleh unsteadily made her way over to Moody. Sitting down on the bed beside him, she asked, "How're you feeling, sir?"

"Please, just call me Alastor," he replied. She smiled. "And I'm doing just fine. Thank you, Dioleh." She nodded. "Take care of yourself."

"I will," she promised. "Thank you for making that time less miserable."

"You as well," he replied gruffly. She gave him one last smile before getting shakily to her feet. Hermione wrapped her arm around Dioleh's waist and helped her along to the train.

"Where do you want to sit?" Hermione asked.

"I'll sit with you and the boys," Dioleh said. Hermione led her to the compartment Harry and Ron were in. She took a seat by the window, across from Harry. Looking at him, she asked, "Are you okay?" He shrugged.

"You?" She also shrugged.

Tentatively, she asked, "Harry, you don't have to tell me, but...well, what exactly happened?" Instantly he froze up. Seeing this, she assured, "You don't have to tell me. It's okay." He nodded gratefully, sliding back in his seat to get more comfortable. Suddenly, the compartment door rolled open. Looking up, Dioleh saw Theodore, Crabbe, and Goyle.

With a cocky smirk, Theodore drawled, "Trying not to think about it, are we? Trying to pretend it hasn't happened?"

"Get out," Dioleh ordered.

"Or maybe you're the one who's trying not to remember," Nott said, taking a step towards her. She began fiddling with her ring. "Trying not to remember how dark it was, how cold." Her fingers moved faster, spinning the ring up and down her finger. Lowering his voice, he taunted, "How cramped it was. You think you were ever going to get out or did you think you were going to be consumed by the floor."

"Get out!" Harry shouted. Nott backed off with a laugh.

"You've picked the losing side, Potter, all of you have," he cackled. "Draco tried to warn you before he became delusional. Don't you remember, Potter? All those you keep hanging around will be the firsts to go." With a wicked grin, he corrected, "Well, second. Diggory was the firs-" Instantly their was an explosion around them and soon the three bullies appeared before them again completely unconscious.

The compartment door revealed Fred, George, and Draco. "Draco told us these three were sneaking along," Fred said, kicking Goyle out of the compartment.

"You okay, love?" Draco asked, stepping over Theodore to get to her. Shakily, she nodded. Once Nott and Crabbe were gone too, Fred and George joined them all and Draco sat next to Dioleh who quickly lay against his shoulder and wrapped her arms around his to get more comfortible. As the others started playing a game of cards, Dioleh fell fast asleep. Harry looked at the two of them, Dioleh sleeping contently on his shoulder and Draco, reading a book and occasionally glancing over to make sure she was all right.

Harry was slightly startled as he read what the book was titled. "The Shining?" he said in surprise. Draco looked up, not having expected anyone to talk to him.

Glancing at the cover, he said, "Oh, yeah, Dioleh got it for me. She's been sending me muggle books to read since last summer. I must admit, they're far better than I was expecting. Muggles certainly have quite the imaginations."

"So, muggles aren't inferior, then?" Fred said with a raised eyebrow. Draco ignored him, going back to his book.

⥖✦✧⦽✧✦⥗

When they got to the platform, Draco gently shook Dioleh awake. "Five more minutes," she groaned, shifting on his shoulder slightly.

Chuckling, he said, "We're at the station, love. You have to get up."

"I don't wanna," she groaned. Draco smiled in amusement before standing up. Grumpily, she complained, "You took my pillow." Draco held out his hand to help her up and she took it, grumbling all the way. Hermione, Ron, and Draco carried Dioleh's luggage between them as they got off the train. Draco set down his stuff before turning to help her down the stairs.

Once she was standing in front of him, she said, "Thanks, Dray. Have a good summer, alright?"

"I'll try," he said a little stiffly. "But, don't worry about me, love." Dioleh's eyes landed on Lucius in the crowd and she suddenly realized.

Her eyes wide, she whispered, "Dray, please know that you always have a choice. He doesn't control you. I know it feels like he does, but he doesn't. Write to me."

"Okay," he replied, giving her a hug. Dioleh returned the embrace, holding onto him as tightly as she could. He held onto the hug a bit longer than was normal, but Dioleh didn't mind it. Pulling away, he gave her a small smile, grabbed his things, and went after his father.

"Ready to go?" Hermione asked. Looking back, Dioleh nodded. The two got out onto King's Cross and found Jean and Oscar.

"Hi," Dioleh said, giving them both a warm hug.

"How are you both?" Jean asked, hugging Hermione.

"We're good," Hermione said with a smile. "How are you?"

"Just fine," Oscar replied.

"Bye!" Harry called.

"Bye, Harry!" everyone replied, waving. Dioleh waved goodbye to the Weasleys and the small family of four walked together to the car, exchanging stories and adventures all the way home.