119. Mollywobbles

Dioleh was sipping a cup of tea in the kitchen when there were three sharp knocks on the door. As Mrs. Weasley was currently in another room, Dioleh got to her feet and went to the door. In a quiet voice, she called, "Who's there?"

"It is I, Dumbledore, bringing Harry," Dumbledore's voice replied.

Hesitantly, she replied, "How do I know it's really you?"

"The first time you came to my office was to discuss housing for you after your father died," Dumbledore said. Dioleh hesitated just another moment before opening the door. Harry realized with a shock that Dioleh looked, for the first time he could remember, exhausted. Her curly hair was tied up in a high, fluffy bun with a wide headband around her head to protect the curls. But beneath her hair, he could see that there were dark circles under her eyes and he could see her expression was one of anxious worry. "Molly told me we weren't expecting you two until the morning," Dioleh explained, shutting the door behind them as her black robe billowed behind her. Harry realized also that she looked far less upkept than he could ever remember seeing her. She was bundled up in a pair of oversized grey sweatpants, a white tanktop, and a black robe. As she came back to face them, Mrs. Weasley herself stepped through the doorway before giving a start.

"I thought-" she began before breaking off. Shaking it off, she said, "Nevermind. Tea?"

"I'm very sorry, Molly, but I really cannot stay," Dumbledore said. "I have urgent matters to discuss with our new minister." Turning to the two students, he said, "Well, I shall see you both at Hogwarts. Take care of yourselves." He turned to leave before something seemed to suddenly come to mind. "Actually, Dioleh, would you mind stepping outside to have a quick word?"

"Not at all," Dioleh replied, setting aside her cup of tea. She followed Dumbledore outside, walking barefoot over the grass and hugging her robe around her for, despite her sweatpants, she was still a little cold. "What's going on?"

"I believe with the war being more out in the open that Voldemort will be trying harder than ever to get you either taken out or on his side," Dumbledore explained.

"Of course," Dioleh sighed, rubbing her eyes tiredly. "What do you want me to do?"

"I have been spending some time speaking with old contacts of mine that are merpeople. I have discovered a few things that I need to discuss with you when we have more time," he explained.

"At school?" Dioleh suggested.

"I believe that would be best," Dumbledore replied. "Can you meet with me in my office directly after the feast?"

"Yes," Dioleh replied. "I'll be there."

"Excellent," Dumbledore replied. "Then I am afraid I must for the moment bid you ado." Dioleh headed back into the house to find Harry sitting at the table while Mrs. Weasley cooked.

As she reclaimed her seat, Harry asked, "Having a good holiday?"

"Not particularly," she admitted. "You?"

"Decent enough," he replied with a shrug. "Better than last summer."

"A suspect a few less dementors," Dioleh remarked with a hint of her usual humour. Harry gave an amused smile.