134. The Snake

As Imani and Andre emerged in the hideout and climbed over into the salt pool, Imani said, "I know you think they can't get to you in Ravenclaw Tower, but are you sure we shouldn't figure something for you out as well?"

"I'll be fine, Mani," Andre insisted with a patient sigh. "How long do you think Blaise and Dioleh will be?"

"No idea," Imani replied honestly. Approaching her, Andre wrapped his arms around her waist before pressing his lips to hers.

"Good," he said, pulling away slightly. Imani blushed before pressing her lips back to his and wrapping her arms loosely around his neck.

Pulling away, she asked, "When are we going to tell them?"

"I don't know," Andre admitted with a sigh, moving his thumb against her waist in slow circles.

"I'm just worried about Dioleh. I mean, she loved Draco," Imani admitted. "I don't want to make her feel...I don't know."

"I get what you mean," Andre said. "But I do think we need to tell her soon. You know as well as I do that she would rather us be honest and hurt her than lie and keep her in ignorance."

"I know," Imani said. "We'll tell her on the train tomorrow, okay?"

"You mean today?" Andre sassed. Rolling her eyes playfully, Imani splashed towards him. With a light laugh, Andre splashed back before catching Imani around the waist and bringing her back to him to kiss her cheek. Rolling her eyes, Imani cupped his cheek and brought his lips back to hers. As they broke apart, the hatch opened and they moved away from one another as Dioleh dropped down and turned to make sure Blaise got down uninjured. "Feeling any better?" Andre asked, moving over to lay on the sand as the waves crashed over his tail and back.

"A bit," Blaise replied, taking a seat with a small wince as Imani settled by Andre. "I think there might be more damage than the bruises, though."

"The cream only heals the bruises at the surface," Dioleh explained with a shrug as she sat by Blaise. "If the bruising is a result of a bruised rib or something, it won't heal the rib. It just gets rid of the bruising. It only perfectly works if it's just surface bruising."

"I can get it sorted out once I'm home," Blaise said. "I'm sure it'll heal over the break."

"Yeah, probably," Dioleh said. Glancing at her watch, she remarked, "It's only three-thirty. We have a while until breakfast."

"In the meantime, we need to figure out what we're going to do," Imani said sombrely. "I don't think any of us are safe in our dorms anymore."

"What I don't understand is why Nott said our group was bothering them," Dioleh remarked. "I mean, I can't think of anything we've been doing that would bother them."

"Well, maybe we aren't, but based on the fact that Potter stalked Draco after the party, I wouldn't doubt that he at least is. Besides, you heard Draco when they were leaving," Blaise said. "Maybe because of our friendship and in your case, familial tie to them, they're grouping us up with them."

"But then why would they go after Blaise?" Imani asked with a frown. "Why not Harry or Ron?"

"Accessibility," Andre said. "To get to Harry or Ron they would both have to get into Gryffindor Tower and deal with all their roommates who I guarantee couldn't be turned against them that easily. Besides, Harry carries a lot of credibility now. If he claimed he or his friend was attacked, I doubt people would just dismiss that."

"Okay, then we can assume those three at least are safe," Dioleh said. "Andre, is there anyone in your dorm you can't trust?"

Andre frowned, thinking it over before finally replying, "No. I trust all of them."

"And you're sure?" Imani asked severely.

"Yes," he said firmly, sending her a look.

"Okay, then we can assume you're safe," Dioleh said. "At least until proven otherwise. But I don't think the rest of us are."

"I agree," Blaise said. "I assume you heard, but Nott threatened the two of you. Apparently Parkinson is his lapdog."

"So maybe you did see her that night," Imani said, glancing over at Dioleh.

"The three of us need to sleep in here from now on," Dioleh said firmly. "If need be, I will talk to Dumbledore about it."

"I think I might join you all, at least every once in a while," Andre said.

"Aw, you gonna miss us?" Imani replied teasingly.

"No, I just miss sleeping in the water. That's all," Andre replied dismissively, although Dioleh raised an eyebrow sceptically. "Regardless, we all need to rest before tomorrow." Dioleh looked down to her watch and quickly set an alarm for the next morning and got up. Reaching into one of the bags they kept there, she took out two blankets for Blaise and quickly set them up about five feet from the edge of where the waves were reaching so the morning tide wouldn't get him wet. Blaise rolled back and settled in the blankets as Dioleh turned to leave.

Before she had reached the water, Blaise said, "Thank you, Dioleh. For everything."

"Of course, Blaise," Dioleh replied. "Now, get some rest." Nodding, he settled back and instantly fell into a dreamless sleep as Dioleh took off her watch and set it on the beach. Slipping into the water, she swam out far enough so the waves wouldn't instantly push her to the beach as she lay back so she was floating with her long hair swirling in the water beneath her. "Nightime," she ordered. After staring up at the stars for a moment, she allowed her eyes to flicker closed as she fell into a deep sleep.