96. Hogsmeade

As they approached the bar, Madam Rosmerta called cheerfully, "What can I get for you dears?" 

"Butterbeer?" Draco checked, glancing over at Dioleh. She nodded. "Two butterbeers, please." 

"Coming right up, dearie," she replied, bustling about to fill two cups with the steaming liquid. Dioleh began to reach into her pocket to pay for her drink, but before she could, Draco had already set down enough money for both. 

"Thank you," she said, blushing slightly and putting her money away. 

"Of course, love," he replied just as Madam Rosmerta set down the two drinks for them and scooped up the money. 

"Thank you!" Dioleh called, taking the drink Draco handed her. After scanning the crowded room, they spotted a table for two against the wall next to a window. "Let's sit there," she suggested. Once they had sat, they spent several awkward moments sipping at their drinks trying to come up with something to say. As her mind wandered, Dioleh suddenly grinned in amusement. 

With a confused smile, Draco asked, "What's so funny?" 

"I was just thinking about how much easier it seems to be to talk when we're not on a date," she admitted. 

"Yeah," Draco said with a good-natured laugh. "I've never been good at the whole dating thing." 

"I've never been on a date," Dioleh admitted. "Or been asked out before." 

"Really?" Draco said in surprise. "That surprises me actually." 

"Why?" Dioleh asked with a small frown. 

"Well, because you're the most gorgeous girl in our year," he replied in a tone that indicated he felt it was obvious. Dioleh smiled, biting her bottom lip to keep her smile from growing too much. "And anyway, I've heard people saying it for a long time." 

"Oh, goodness," Dioleh laughed. "You should hear the things people say about Andre. It's quite amusing." 

"Oh?" Draco asked with a raised eyebrow. 

"Imani and I like to tease him about it," Dioleh chuckled. "Although, between you and me, I think Imani does that to figure out if he likes any of them." 

"I doubt it," Draco replied. "There's really only one person I've seen him show any interest in." 

"Imani?" Dioleh guessed with a raised eyebrow. Draco nodded. "I've been able to see it for years." They fell into silence again, but this time it was a nice silence and seemed comforting and warm. 

As Dioleh finished off her butterbeer and Draco did the same, he suggested, "Do you want to go walk around for a bit?" 

"That sounds great," Dioleh replied. After they had placed their empty cups at the bar and thanked Madam Rosmerta, the two went back into the cold, outside air. They walked along up and down High Street a few times in peaceful silence until the sun began to set, casting a rosy glow over the snow. 

"You ready to head back?" Draco asked. Dioleh nodded and they walked along together. 

When they reached the gate, Dioleh said, "Wait, Dray. We need to talk about Umbridge." 

Averting his gaze and running a hand through his hair, he replied, "What about her?" 

"I think she's ventured into harassment at this point," Dioleh explained. "And I think we need to go to Dumbledore." 

"Do you think he would do anything?" Draco asked, studying his hand briefly before glancing out over the snow. 

"I don't know," Dioleh admitted. "But I'm tired of not being able to even walk to class with you anymore and I want to do something about it but since it involves you, I wanted to talk to you about it first." 

"Dioleh, I understand your frustration, I really do, but I'm just worried that if we go to Dumbledore nothing will happen and she'll just end up coming after us," Draco replied hesitantly, finally looking her in the eyes. "If she comes after you, you'll just end up in detention and if she comes after me, well..." 

"I know," Dioleh sighed. After a small pause, she said firmly, "Then I won't go to Dumbledore. Let's just hope the cursed position of the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher does her in. We just have the rest of this semester to get through." 

"Yeah," Draco agreed quietly, laying his forehead against hers. 

"Thank you for taking me on a date, Draco," Dioleh said. "I had a good time." 

"Me too," he replied. Cupping her cheeks, Draco pressed his lips to hers. Dioleh smiled into the kiss, pulling him closer to her by the lapels of his coat. From behind Draco, there was a quick clearing of a throat and Dioleh groaned, pulling away from him with a huff of annoyance. Looking to see who it was, she found she was facing the rather confused and, in the case of the latter, dumbfounded expressions of Harry and Hermione. 

"Yes?" Dioleh said apprehensively as Draco awkwardly ran his hand through his hair again and stepped out of the way of Hermione's glare. 

"No, you don't get to do that," Hermione snapped. "When did this happen?" 

"Uh, Blaise's Christmas party," Dioleh said. "And...over the summer." Hermione's eyes widened. "I'll talk to you later, okay. Now go." 

"All right, all right," Hermione said, grabbing onto Harry and walking away. Once she had gone, Dioleh burst out in an overwhelmed laughing, leaning forward to rest her head on Draco's chest as he tried to hold back a laugh and they wrapped their arms around each other again. 

"Between Umbridge and now Hermione, I doubt I'll ever get to see you again," Dioleh joked. 

"Oh, surely not, love," Draco said. "I can't see Hermione being terrible about it."

"But Harry and Ron," Dioleh countered. 

"Well," Draco began awkwardly. 

"It'll be fine," Dioleh said assuringly. "They can't control me." 

Letting out a bright laugh, Draco replied affectionately, "I don't want to see what would happen if they tried to control you, love." 

"Me neither," Dioleh admitted with mock-seriousness before joining in his laughter. "Well, we need to head in." 

"Yeah," Draco sighed. "I love you, Dioleh." 

"Love you too, Dray," Dioleh replied, kissing his cheek.