88. Blesséd Tripidation

By the time Draco and Blaise had returned and gotten into the Hospital Wing, the sun had begun throwing the world into a vibrant portrait of colour. The Wing itself was aglow with the fiery morning light. Imani was sitting next to Andre, still holding his hand while Dioleh was curled up on the bed next to him. Blaise took a seat on the bed on the other side of Andre while Draco sat by Dioleh. Tearfully, Imani said softly, "She fell asleep a bit ago."

"How's he doing?" Blaise asked, nodding towards Andre.

"He hasn't woken up yet," she replied.

"He'll wake up, Imani," Draco said. "He'll be all right." She nodded, but he could tell that she didn't believe him. Before there was a chance for any more to be said, the door burst open with a thunderous crash. Dioleh jolted awake with a cry, lifting her hands and scrambling to her feet. Luckily, Draco had noticed and instantly took her hands in his, pressing them together so she couldn't use her power. "Calm down," he whispered. She looked up, meeting his gaze. Her eyes were wide and fearful for a moment until she realized what was happening.

"And just where have you five been?" the voice of Umbridge thundered as she sauntered up to them.

"Andre got hurt, we're trying to make sure he's okay," Blaise said, moving to the front.

Scathingly, she replied, "And yet I have never seen the two of you around each other." Blaise clenched his jaw, raising his chin defiantly. "And how did this injury occur?" She looked around at them all, her expression filled with expectant mockery. They stayed silent, not knowing how to answer her.

Luckily for them, they didn't need to. "Mani," Andre groaned, shifting slightly in his sleep.

"I'm here, Andre," she replied, gripping his hand tighter. "I'm here." His long lashes fluttered as he opened his eyes, searching hazily for something. When his eyes landed on Imani, he grinned.

Gruffly, he said, "Imani."

"I'm here, Andre," she said, tears of relief streaming down her cheeks. He lifted his hand to her cheek, wiping away her tears.

"Imani, I need to tell you something," Andre said.

"Mr Hernadez," Umbridge snapped.

"Rodreguez," Imani corrected scathingly.

Ignoring this, Umbridge demanded, "Can you tell me the circumstances of your injury?"

"Professor Umbridge," a cool, calm voice said from the doorway. Glancing over, Dioleh saw Dumbledore approaching them at a rapid pace. "I will speak to you in private." With many protests and indignant sputters, he led Umbridge away and out of the Wing.

After letting out a breath, Dioleh said, "We need to pack to go home today."

"Actually, that reminds me," Blaise said, turning back to them all. "I'm hosting a Christmas party at my place. December 24th. And I expect you all to be there."

"We'll do our best," Dioleh promised with a smile. Breaking away from Draco, she added quietly, "Thank you for all your help, Blaise." Before he could control his features, Blaise smiled.

Quickly, he pulled his grin into more of a smirk and replied, "Well, really I should be thanking you. I got an excuse to break in."

"Well, thank you regardless," Dioleh said. He nodded before turning on his heel to head to the Slytherin Dorm to pack. Turning back to the bed, Dioleh asked, "How do you feel, Andre?"

"Absolutly fantastic," he replied gruffly, moving so he was sitting up.

"Andre, lay down," Imani insisted, pushing down on his shoulders. "You'll make it worse."

Grabbing her hands, he replied, "I'll be fine, Mani." Dioleh looked down in an attempt to hide her smirk as the two shared long gazes. Raising an eyebrow, she cleared her throat. Imani looked up quickly, moving out of Andre's grip. Catching Dioleh's teasing look, Imani bit her lip and Dioleh guessed that if she had lighter skin she would have a clear blush dusting her cheeks. Andre missed all of this and said, "Imani, you should go get packed."

"Yeah, we all do," Dioleh said. "We'll be back Andre." He nodded, closing his weary eyes to rest. As Imani hesitated, Dioleh rolled her eyes, grabbing Imani's wrist and pulling her away. Draco coughed to hide his laugh.

⥖✦✧⦽✧✦⥗

Thankfully, despite her protests, Dumbledore was able to convince Madam Pomfrey to allow Andre to go home that day instead of staying the break as she would have him do. As a result, he was able to join Imani, Dioleh, Blaise, and Draco in their compartment on the way home.

"So, where are you lot spending Christmas?" Draco asked. Andre's smile fell.

Awkwardly, Dioleh said, "We figured our summer lodgings were suited well for the break." Draco nodded, his expression suddenly drawn.

"But you can still make it to my party, right?" Blaise asked.

"Of course," Imani said, smiling at him.

Clearing his throat, Andre said, "What time?"

"Party starts at eight," Blaise explained. Smiling at Imani, he added, "I really hope you can make it."

Bristling, Andre said, "Of course we can." Dioleh snorted. "What?" Andre said, his brow furrowed.

With a knowing smile, Dioleh replied, "Absolutly nothing, Andre." He huffed, leaning back and adjusting the sling supporting his bitten arm. "What's the dress code?" Dioleh asked.

"Well it's a Christmas Ball, so formal robes," Blaise explained. "And I've invited around a hundred people so expect a crowd, Potter and friends included." As the train rumbled to a stop, Blaise got up, grabbed his trunk and said, "And just so you're warned, my parties are legendary."

"You've never had one before," Draco said with a laugh.

"No, but they will be," Blaise said, unfazed. With a wink, he went out into the hallway, remarking, "See you there."