166. Ghost of the Past

Once it had reached a week since their arrival, Blaise, Andre, Imani, Draco, and Dioleh packed up their things and, after a heated discussion with Mrs. Weasley who was desperate for them to stay, left the home of the Weasley's Aunt Muriel. Dioleh was still packing up her things when Draco came in. There was a long silence until he said, "Don't do it. Don't give yourself up to him."

"Dray, we've been over this," Dioleh replied irritably, shoving a stack of clothes into her bag. "It's the best way for all of us to get inside the school."

"Yeah, and you could die in the process," Draco countered.

"Okay, Draco, listen to me," Dioleh snapped, rounding on him. "I am legally an adult which means that I can make decisions on my own. You do not get to make choices for me. I know you're worried about me and trying to protect me but I can handle myself. If I can survive being tortured by Bellatrix Lestrange, I can handle Snape and the Carrows." Her tone softening, she added, "It's sweet that you're trying to protect me, but you're bordering on controlling and if you know anything about me, you know that I won't be controlled by anyone, no matter their intentions."

With a small sigh, Draco replied, "You're right, I'm sorry. I just don't want to lose you again."

"Then don't mess up the plan," Dioleh replied. "We should head out."

⥖✦✧⦽✧✦⥗

Dioleh couldn't help but smirk slightly as she was dragged onto the Hogwarts grounds by the male Carrow that she had forgotten the name of. The others had successfully slipped through the gate under the Disillusionment Charm and were now waiting for Carrow to open the doors into the school so they could slip in unnoticed. "Thought you could slip in, eh?" Carrow chuckled, forcing her along until they reached the doors. Dioleh made no response. "Maybe I ought to lock you up in the dungeons for a bit," he growled.

Thinking quickly, Dioleh begged, "Please, just don't take me to Snape. Please!"

Brightening, Carrow laughed, "Don't bring you to Snape, eh?" He had instantly changed her course. Dioleh had to fight back a smile at her success as they went through the corridors to Dumbledore's office. "Pureblood," Carrow called. The gargoyle sprang aside and soon they were ascending up towards the door to the office. Carrow knocked.

"Come in," Snape said in a drawing voice. The moment the door opened, Carrow shoved her inside. Dioleh crashed onto her knees before looking up quickly to face Snape. "She's disarmed?"

"Didn't have a wand on her," Carrow said.

"Leave us," Snape ordered.

"Yes, Headmaster," Carrow replied. Snape waited until the door had shut behind him and his footsteps had fully descended down the stairs.

Fixing his cold eyes on hers, Snape remarked, "So, you're alive."

Getting to her feet, Dioleh replied, "Yes. Because you didn't kill me when you were supposed to. Why."

"I beg your pardon," Snape sneered, his lip curling.

"Why didn't you kill me, Snape?" Dioleh demanded. "I've watched that spell kill sirens before. It doesn't make us temporarily appear dead only to wake up alive a few hours later. Why did you save me?" Snape stared at her with an emotionless expression. "Fine," Dioleh said irritably. "If you won't tell me, then I'll guess." Snape continued to stare. "You never betrayed Dumbledore, did you? For whatever reason, he told you to kill him and he told you to spare my life. Then, he wanted you to wait until the proper moment and kill You-Know-Who."

"Yes," Snape said slowly, barely moving his lips. "Dumbledore told me to kill the Dark Lord when all the Horcruxes were destroyed and to spare your life but not his because he was dying regardless, but keep your voice down."

"So I was right," Dioleh said with a small smile. Snape rolled his eyes, moving over to a drawer and pulling out a silvery object.

"Take this, go do whatever task you, Andre, Imani, and Draco are here to do and do not say a word to anyone about what you have learned," Snape snapped. Still smirking, Dioleh wrapped the cloak around her and glanced down to see that she was mostly invisible. It was one of those faulty invisibility cloaks that only just worked.

"Thank you, Snape," Dioleh said, pulling the hood over her face and heading down the stairs. As she did so, she reached into the lining of her bra and pulled out her wand as she rushed towards the Room of Requirement as quickly as she could. Hidden in shadows, Draco stood waiting, his hair covered by the hood of a sweatshirt to make him less noticeable. Dioleh approached him, slipping aside the hood to reveal her face to him.

"Where did you get that?" he whispered.

"Snape's office," Dioleh replied quietly. "Where are the others?"

"Inside," he replied. After quickly pacing in front of the wall three times, a door appeared and the two slipped inside. Shutting the door behind them, Draco waited to hear the clicking sound before calling, "She's back!"

"Over here!" Andre shouted before a resounding crash reached their ears.

"Oi!" Blaise called from another area of the room. "Hush up, will you? Noise still travels in here!" Dioleh and Draco quickly joined the search and were still looking when a voice suddenly began speaking from Dioleh's pocket.

"Dioleh!" a familiar voice called. Pausing in her search, Dioleh reached into her back pocket and pulled out the mirror.

"Hermione?" Dioleh said. "What's going on?"

"We're at Hogwarts," she explained quickly. "You lot need to get here as soon as you can."

"Way ahead of you," Draco replied, tossing aside several objects before carefully moving to the side a large stack of books.

"We're in the Room of Requirement," Dioleh explained.

"Us too," Hermione admitted. "We'll meet you guys there."