157. Security

"So, how exactly are we handling this?" Harry asked. "Because not all of us need to go to the Lovegoods but we also have been here too long."

"We could all go and then some of us just stay outside," Imani suggested.

"Or find the new place together and then you lot go off," Dioleh added. "That way we're not just out in the open."

"That's a good idea," Hermione said. "We'll set out once we get everything here packed. I can fit everything in my bag." It took them all about an hour to get together all of the sleeping bags and things together before they took down the tent and put it in Hermione's beaded bag. Once all their things were secure but before they had taken down all the enchantments, Hermione asked, "Anyone know of a good place we can go?"

"Why can't we go back to your house, Blaise?" Draco asked.

"We've stayed there too long," he explained. "Now that You-Know-Who knows you disappeared, with Imani no less, it'll be searched soon. We can't expect it to be safe much longer." Turning back to Hermione, he said, "But I do think I know where we can go. What about Sherwood Forest?"

"Never been," Hermione admitted.

"I have," Blaise said. "I can get us there."

"Alright," Hermione said. Harry, Ron, and Hermione went over to Blaise while Dioleh, Andre, and Imani crowded around Draco. Once everyone was holding tightly to each other's hands, they apparated.

⥖✦✧⦽✧✦⥗

Draco, Dioleh, Imani, Blaise, and Andre were all sat around the table looking over a rough sketch that Draco had done of Malfoy Manor and were listening to him talk. Pointing to his sketch of the gate, he explained, "This gate has been jinxed so only someone with the Dark Mark can walk through. Luckily for us, that won't be a problem, so once we get through there, we just need to get through the grounds and to the front door. After we get down to the cellar, we need to get Luna and Mr. Ollivander out so we can apparate."

"Why can't you apparate in the cellar?" Andre asked.

"You can't apparate in or out of the entire house," Draco explained. "My great-great-great-grandfather didn't want random people to come snooping. We have to at least get out to the grounds."

"Because that went so well last time," Imani said with a sigh.

"We were sold out that time," Draco countered. "It was different. No one knows we're coming now. They have no way and no reason to suspect it."

"So, when do you want to try it?" Dioleh asked.

"It has to be at night when we won't be spotted," Draco said. "Or, are less likely to be spotted, but I have no idea what's going on in the house so I don't know when is a good time or when is bad but I do know that at least as of a few days ago, You-Know-Who wasn't actually staying at the house. He would only come for brief visits to talk to Ollivander or to talk to my parents or Bellatrix. He's mostly abroad."

"At least there's that," Blaise sighed. "Let's wait until Potter comes back and we can see what day works." Everyone agreed to this and soon they all began to occupy themselves with other tasks. Andre and Imani had gone outside to get fresh water and Blaise was huddled in a corner reading. Dioleh had remained at the table, fiddling the the black-gold snake ring.

Taking a seat across from her, Draco remarked, "I'm shocked you still have that thing."

"Well, I-" Dioleh began.

"Appreciate the beauty of such pieces as this?" Draco quoted with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh, Merlin," she said with a small laugh. "I can't decide if it's creepy or cute that you remember that." He shrugged, beginning to fiddle with his hands. "Well, regardless, it is a beautiful ring. Where did you get it anyway?"

"I bought it in London," he explained. "Actually, I found the setting for it and picked the stones."

"Why a diamond and an emerald?" Dioleh asked curiously.

"Because, although you're a Slytherin through and through, you have a good heart," Draco explained. Shrugging, he said, "Thirteen-year-old me thought it would be enough to get your attention." Dioleh smiled. "Do you still have the necklace too?"

"Yeah," Dioleh replied. "I just don't wear it all the time. Rings are easier to wear every day." Glancing over to where Blaise was reading, she remarked, "Seems Blaise has stopped biting your head off."

"Oh, yeah," Draco said. "We talked and sorted everything out."

"I'm glad," Dioleh began just as a faint poping sound reached their ears.

"That treaturous old bleeder!" Ron shouted. Sharing confused looks, Draco and Dioleh rushed out to see Harry, Ron, and Hermione all looking rather like they had just fought their way through a battle.

"What happened?" Dioleh asked, rushing to Hermione.

"Let's just say we figured out why the Death Eaters look Luna," Ron huffed irritably.

"Because of what Lovegood's been writing?" Draco asked. Hermione nodded.

"Death Eaters showed up," Harry eleborated. "From what they said, Luna's still alive."

"We need to get to her as soon as possible," Dioleh said.

"Have you lot figured out a plan?" Harry asked.

"Sort of," Draco replied. "Come in and I'll explain." Once all eight were gathered around the table, Draco lay out his map again and explained, "If everything is the same as when I left, I can get us through to the cellar, but I don't know if they've added more protection spells or not."

"Why not just apparate into the cellar?" Harry asked.

"Can't," Draco replied grimly. "You can't apparate in or out of anywhere in the house. The closest we could do is the grounds. Unless..." Draco broke off, his brows furrowed.

"What is it?" Blaise asked.

Draco hesitated a moment before explaining, "The maze. Supposedly in the centre of the maze there is a secret passageway into the cellar but no one has been able to find it for centuries. It's more of a legend, really."

"How old is the Malfoy family, exactly?" Dioleh asked.

"No idea," Draco admitted. "But old enough to not have had to work in at least a century, probably more. And old enough to have acquired more pomp and circumstance than any dose of humility can cure." Ron snorted. Although he did not smile, Draco's expression did take on one of great amusement at Ron's expression as he glanced up at him. "Regardless, the passageway has never been found. My father doesn't believe it exists."

"So, not our best bet," Harry concluded.

"No, not exactly," Draco agreed. "But I think it's too foolish to just go in and hope we won't get caught."

"Oh, but that works for breaking out, right?" Imani said sarcastically.

"I got you out," Draco retorted sassily. "If you'd prefer I took you back then-"

"All right, enough bickering," Hermione sighed. "All five of you are like children."

"I've said nothing!" Andre defended.

"Still," Hermione said. Draco grinned.

"Oh, come now, Granger," he countered. "We're fighting a war. Why not have a little fun along the way?"

"Maybe because people are dying," Harry snapped. Draco's smile fell.

"Harry," Dioleh sighed. "That's not what any of us mean by it. We keep each other's spirits up by teasing each other. This is how we keep going."

"We need to make sure we can get in and out safely before we try anything," Harry said, ignoring Dioleh. "Otherwise, it's all a waste." With a small frown, Draco stared hard at the map, trying to remember every word his father had ever said about security at Malfoy Manor.